Chapter 23 - The Blue-eyed Boy

[Picture: MagCon Family. Video: Masterpiece - Jessie J]

"Ow!" I whisper as I feel something pinch my bottom. Taylor appears by my side, laughing.

"Stop that." I tell him. "I don't want any red marks on my butt, okay?"

He chuckles. "You have a cute butt, I can't help it."

"You know what'll be awesome?" I say with sarcasm. "You helping."

"Alright, alright." He leans in and kisses my cheek. "I'll go help."

I smile at him and resume tying the balloons to the pole.

We were preparing for Nash's birthday party, we're using his house for the celebration. I know that only girls celebrate their 18th birthday, but scratch that, we're throwing our best friend a birthday party if we want to. Everyone was helping except for Cam, who had to distract Nash for the rest of the day, making sure Nash doesn't come home without it being ready.

I tie the last balloon, I step back and look at my work, it looks good. I take a deep breath and check how the others are doing, Mahogany and Jacob are in charge of the tables and utensils, the two Jacks on the sound system, Hayes and Aaron are working on the centerpieces, which are DYI simple lava lamps. Matt and Carter are in charge of hanging things up, banners, posters. After tying the balloons, I'm helping Taylor with the lights.

"Problem," Taylor says. "The wire can't reach all the way to the outlet."

I sigh and grab something from the table. "That is why you use an extension wire." I raise my eyebrows and help this clueless boy.

"Another problem," He whispers in my ear. "My hormones have chosen this time to attack."

I roll my eyes at him. "We literally just had sex two nights ago."

He pouts, puffing those cute cheeks of his. "But I can't help it."

"We're not having sex in Nash's house." I cringe. "Don't you think it feels wrong?"

"Well," He shrugs. "It doesn't have to be sex."

"I know where you're going with this Taylor, but the problem is where do we do it. This isn't our house."

"I don't think anyone would mind if we did it in the bathroom."

"Wouldn't that be a little messy?"

"Not unless you swallow."

I glare at him. And he tries his pout on me again, but this time I resist it. "Taylor, we're not that couple, remember? And if we keep doing those stuff you'll get addicted."

"Oh come onnnnn." He groans. "Please? Shawn?"

"We're not even done with the lights yet!"

"Then let's get it done!"

_ . _

"Is everyone ready?" Mahogany asks, fixing her eyeliner.

"We've been ready about ten minutes ago, Mahogany." Matt answers. "You're literally the only one we're waiting for."

"Okay, impatient deer." She retorts. "It's difficult being a girl, okay?"

"No one said it was eas-" Carter gets cut off.

Mahogany puts her make up back in her pouch. "Ready!"

Johnson nudges Jacob by the shoulder. "How do you survive this stuff?"

"You get used to it." Jacob answers. "You know, you'll have to go through this if you get a girlfriend."

Gilinsky flutters his eyelashes at the other Jack. "That's why you should date a guy. I don't know, like me."