Chapter 19 - We Reunite

[Picture: MagCon Family. Video: That's Christmas To Me - Pentatonix]

A/N: Shoutout to JAMACASH for commenting...a lot. Keep doing what you do, love ya xoxo.
A/N: Minor naughtiness in this chapter. Hormones to battle stations.

Taylor and I met at school, he was new and I, being the welcoming committee of this school, showed him around. I can honestly say that it wasn't love at first sight. When Taylor first started coming to our school, he was skinny. Super skinny, like no-muscle-all-bone-and-skin skinny. But his face was cute, obviously.  I'm ashamed to admit that I wasn't attracted to him in his skinny stage. We started becoming good friends and we talked a lot. We had most of our classes together.

He was interested in sports while I was interested in music, that was our downfall. He wanted to be an athlete while I wanted to be a musician. He wanted to start playing all the sports while I wanted to play all the instruments. He started trying out for the different sports teams in our school, soccer, volleyball, swimming, golf, lacrosse, but he never got in. Finally, he tried out for basketball and he was accepted, but unfortunately, he was at the bottom, being one of the players not really given attention to. He was benched almost all the time.

He trained hard, and I mean hard. Every day, after school, he'd head to the school gym, do some laps and then shoot some hoops. I would sometimes catch him there after my practice session with Liz. His teammates started noticing the change in the way he played, and so did his coach. He started playing, like actually being on the court, passing balls and shooting them. I felt proud, like a proud mother, because I've stood by him from the moment he entered the team.

School was over, and summer went by. I never saw Taylor because he was visiting his grandparents which was two states away. We texted, but not that much.

When we started a new school year, my jaw almost dropped when Taylor walked up to me on the first day of school and asked 'What classes do we have together?'. 

I wasn't surprised because he asked me, and I wasn't surprised that he remembered me.

I was surprised at how much his body has changed. 

The limp, skinny Taylor I knew from the previous year has become a muscular, smoking hot athlete. He has finally earned the respect he deserves, heads turned, girls giggled and guys whispered in envy. His teammates woo'd him when they saw Taylor and complimented him on how his muscles have become more prominent.

It was by this time that I started being attracted to Taylor. We had most of our classes together again, but in most of those classes, we're forced to sit apart since our teachers reffered us as loud, annoying but educated baboons, since we talked a lot but were able to answer every single question the teacher threw at us.

In class, I'd stare at him and marvel at the back of his head, since I usually sat at the back. The days when he wore a tank top where my glory days, because I get to look at those muscular, manly arms of his without him knowing. He'd catch me staring sometimes, and he would make faces, secretly insulting the teacher when they're not looking. Sometimes he'd just wink at me, and I'd wink back, thinking it was his way of saying How are you? and my way of saying I'm fine. 

It was the year after that that I started loosing Taylor. 

His reputation grew, and so did the distance between us. The basketball team needed him more often, and on weeks before a game or a competition, they were pulling Taylor out of class for practice. We hardly saw each other since we only had about 2-4 classes together a week. But he made sure he still acknowledged me, we still walked together going to classes and he'd smile or wink at me when we pass by each other. He started eating lunch with the different varsity players instead of me, but he asked me if it was okay, and I told him it was.