Chapter 8 - The Other Boy

"I'm mad at you." Liz walks up to me and walks away. I slam my locker shut.

I reach out and grab her arm. "Hey!" She turns to look at me. "What the hell did I do now?" 

"I know you slept with Ethan." 

"Technically, yes." I shrugged. "But both of us had clothes on the whole night." 

"I find that hard to believe." 

"Then why don't you ask Ethan if he feels some piercing pain on his butt? Or see if he walks like a penguin. Or if he's walking weirdly?" I retort. 

"How do I know you didn't bottom?" 

I rolled my eyes. "God, Liz. He was drunk. He fell asleep the instant he landed on my bed. And as far as I know, riding a sleeping boy's dick is difficult." 

She eyes me from head to toe. "Fine." Then she nods at something behind me.

I turn around and I see Ethan appearing around the corner. He wears his usual attire, a jacket or a blazer with a fairly tight undershirt, skinny jeans and Janoski's. He looks wonderful. He grabs a couple of books from his locker and joins the me to our first class.

_ . _ 

"Alright class, today we will be tackling the topic of sexual orientation." The teacher starts off. "I know this is English class, but I would like to discuss about this topic before we move on to our next book." 

The class sat in groups around long tables which could accommodate four six people. I sat with Ethan across me, beside him was Jason, and me was Alison. Liz and Taylor were in a different class together, although I don't really expect Taylor to talk to me. Not after what happened. 

"And as we all know, Mrs. Morris here is attracted to girls. And this is what society calls as being a lesbian, excuse my rudeness." Mrs. Heather said.

"Rudeness not excused." Alison mumbled. 

The teacher continues. "And since there are no gay boys in our school, or maybe they're not yet out of the closet..." 

Ethan looks up from his desk and his eyes land on me. Jason glances at me and Alison bumps my thigh. I know what they're doing and I always hate it when they do that. 

They've been trying to convince me to come out ever since they've become my friends (Jason and Alison). Alison told me that coming out will do me a big favor and that all the other gay boys will be running at me. She said it's like hanging an Open For Business sign around your chest. She refers to her coming out story as the best thing ever. But the thing was, I wasn't ready to come out.

And so was Ethan. 

"I just want all of you to know that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality. And there is nothing wrong with the gender you prefer. You don't have to be ashamed if you're a boy who likes boys, or if you're a girl who likes girls. Or maybe you like both. It's all okay, and society will learn to adapt to it." Mrs. Heather explains as she grabs a pile of books from her desk.

She distributes the books table to table, and we hand them out to each other. "For this week, we will be tackling David Levithan's How They Met And Other Stories. It is a compilation of various love stories that have a hint of humour in them, they contain both gay and straight couples. For those who accept the same-gender love, this is reading pleasure. And for those who don't - this might broaden your thoughts and open your mind." 

Mrs. Heathers walks to the board and was about to write something. "Ahh, chalk. Mr. Hays, would you please be kind and get us some chalk, please?"