Chapter 39 - When I See You Again

[Picture: Video: See You Again - Whiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth]

It's the day that I leave. 

Two weeks ago, my letter from Juilliard finally came, greeting me with the words "It is my great pleasure...". I freaked out, my family freaked out,my friends freaked out and Taylor freaked out. We immediately got dressed and went to a nearby Norms Diner to celebrate. It's been far too long since I've had a good steak and hashbrowns. 

From there on I started to prepare everything. I began shopping for clothes that are college-appropriate, because I don't think my Teenage Ninja Turtles shirt would be appealing, although it could be a good conversation starter. I shopped for more shorts, sweatpants, and boxers since I've been wearing tight briefs for the summer (because it's hot and I'm sleeping with Taylor anyway). My friends treated me on a weekend getaway last week, we all hung out in a resort which was a pretty far drive. We swam, had picnics under the sun and stayed up all night watching movies in our rented room. When I got back, it was Taylor's turn to take me to places I've never been before. We went record-store hopping, all the way from San Diego, to LA, to the smaller cities in California, where he said he'll buy every vinyl I want, as long as I don't go over two hundred dollars, and I didn't. I loved it, honestly, even if it wasn't as exciting as my weekend getaway. It was actually nice being in a car with Taylor, we ate fast food drive-thru's and got to talk and talk and talk. We went from topic to topic, discussing from what the perfect sandwich would be to what Beyonce's farts sound like. He argued that it would sound like a piano chord, while I argued that it would sound like a chorus from the angels. 

In the middle of our shopping day, he took me to this cute coffee shop where there weren't a lot of people. And when I saw the menu, I immediately knew why only a few go here. Nothing's under ten dollars! I repeat: nothing's under ten dollars! Hell this is even more pricey than Starbucks. Taylor orders for me since he's been here before, and we sit down and once again: chat. 

I'd tell him stories of what was happening before we started dating, how I had loads of crushes on other guys but found out that they were straight. I told him of the time where I asked this one guy from the soccer team out on a date, he accepted. And at the end of the night, he told me that he was straight. I mean, what a douche, right? He practically used me to get free food. Although, it was a pretty good tactic. And that was back when I was a skinny little boy and no one would really take a second glance at me. And as funny as it is, your physical appearance does actually play a vital role in your life. They keep saying don't judge a book by it's cover, and while that only applies to people, it has some truth in it. But let's face it: no one falls in love with personality at first sight. While it might be possible to slowly fall in love with someone because of their personality, you don't really just see a random stranger and say Damn, look at the personality on that one. 

Because I admit, cute guys turn my head and they're what catches my eye, even if they turn out to be total asshats. 

Taylor told me some stories of him actually flirting with a guy in middle school, they almost had a thing if the other boy hadn't just left. He told me it was the closest thing to romance he had with another boy, and right after that, he suppressed his gay tendencies, as he put it, and started dating girls until he met me. And as cheesy as it sounds, he told me that the moment he laid eyes on me, the skinny me, he said his heart popped. He thought to himself, I gotta have him. I need him. And voila, now we're together for more than a year, kissed for more than ten thousand times, and had sex for probably more then a hundred. 

At the end of the day, the back of Taylor's car was stacked with vinyls, everything form the early 90's to today's pop albums. From Elton John to Ed Sheeran, I got everything I wanted and they were still under two hundred dollars.