Chapter 35 - Make You Happy

[Picture: Taylor Caniff. Video: Born This Way - Lady Gaga]

I wake up twenty minutes before the convention was going to start, I quickly hopped into the shower and dressed after. I didn't have time to grab breakfast, I'll just buy something from the fair, assuming that they're going to sell food.

I didn't have the time to check my phone until I finally got there, where I've received more that a hundred texts from my friends. I spot them in their rainbow shirts.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Alison asks.

I rub my eyes. "I overslept." As I open them, I scan the crowd, Alison, Jason, Ethan and Michael.

"Where's Taylor?"

They look at each other briefly before returning my stare with a shrug.

We stroll around to see what this was, as it's everyone's first time being here. It was like a normal fair, drinks and food were served, games and a couple rides, there were even some photo booths, it was everything with a little twist of gay.

Now, I don't think it's offensive even though many others will disagree, the stores would serve out stuff like gay smoothie or rainbow chips. I thought it was pretty cute and funny how they put it out there so much. Everyone was wearing something with the pride flag on it, a bracelet, a necklace, a shirt, jeans, I even spotted some people wearing rainbow socks, I chuckle at the sight.

The four of them went to get an iced-gay shake, I passed since I didn't feel like having something cold. I was still hungry as my stomach grumbled numerous times in the past twenty minutes. I trail behind them as they place their orders, and what seems to be the kindest person ever takes their orders and starts working on it. He looked to be around twenty-two to thirty years old, because there was no way he was older than that. He took the orders with a big smile and that smile was there for the entire duration that he was making the drink. I don't know if it's the Standard Operating Procedure or if he was just really happy.

I spot a familiar bandana roaming over the top of people's heads, it was coming closer. When I finally had a better view of who it was, I tugged his arm.

"Hey!" He said.

"Where have you been? Why didn't you tell me you were already here?"

He looks down at his American shorts, which were literally shorts with the American flag on it. "These don't have pockets, and I only have one fully-functional hand. It would be a pain to carry a phone around."

"I could keep it for you."

"Doesn't matter." He shrugged. "I left it."

I roll my eyes as I lock his arm with mine. "Then you better not separate at all."

He smiles as I pull him towards the stall where all my friends are. He sneaks a kiss on my lips. "Good morning, by the way."

"Good morning." I chuckle. My torso emits a sound again, I lock eyes with my lover before we both laugh.

"You hungry?"

"I could eat a bear." I scratch the back of my head. "I haven't eaten anything since we got here."

"Wow." He breathes. "You could've had Hypoglycemia."

I raise an eyebrow. "How do you know what that is?"

"I watch a lot of Grey's Anatomy."

I chuckle, the four come back with colorful drinks in their hands. Ethan takes a sip, raises his eyebrows and swallows. "It's good, really good. But damn is that cold."