Chapter 9 - A Conflict

"Does this have something to do with Ethan?" Liz asked on the other side of the line. I was still in bed, lying down for the past three hours, still holding the framed picture of Ethan and I, 

"No." I lie. 

She grows silent, and even though she's at school, I can sense her raising her eyebrow in a way that says "You liar.".

 I finally admit it. "Yes." 

She sighed. "What happened?" 

"I told him that Taylor was my boyfriend and he got really mad and thought that I was playing with his feelings. He also got mad for me not doing anything when he told me he likes me." 

"He likes you?!" She yelled.

Shit. 

I forgot that she wasn't supposed to know. 

"No, that was a joke. Ha ha." I laugh nervously. 

"Shawn Mendes do not lie to me." 

"Yes Ma'am." 

"Does Ethan Martin Hawks like you." 

"Of course, who doesn't like me? I'm an awesome friend." 

"Is he attracted to you?" 

"He said he likes my nipples." 

"Is he gay for you?!" 

"Everyone is gay for me." 

"S h a w n." 

I remained silent. 

"I know where you live and if you don't tell me the truth I will politely show up at your front door and leave your dead naked body in your room so that your family will think you died trying to wank off too much." 

I gasped, placing my hand on my chest. "Lizzy Elizabeth Monroe, that is pure evil." 

"God is watching, now spill the truth." 

I sighed. "Yes, Ethan likes me. Like-likes. He is attracted to me, he wants to get in my pants. He is gay, he's all for cocks and he's playing for the pink team. He's into balls and buttholes and abs and perky man-nipples and navels and all that gay shit." 

She grows silent for a little while, then the school bell ringsThis is the exact opposite of saved by the bell because I have to hear what she has to say. 

"We're talking later, I'm popping in your house. And you better hope I don't kill you." She says then hangs up.

Someone knocks at my door. "Not really in the mood for talking." I yell, turning my back to the door, resting on my other side. 

It was silent again, and I was back with my thoughts. I assumed no one came in my room and left me alone as soon as I told them I wasn't in the mood for talking, but I was wrong. Because someone came in.

"I'm not really here to talk." 

I don't need to turn around to know who it is. I've known that voice for years and I've never grown sick of hearing it. I've listened to it while I sleep, it brings me joy and it can also bring me pain. Immense pain. 

Taylor.

"What do you want then? Are you here to break up with me? Because I'd rather you just get to it than all this suspense." I ask. 

"No." I hear him walking towards something. "I'm just here to get something." 

"Get what? My heart?"