Chapter 18 - MagCon

[Picture: MagCon Family. Video: Perfume by Britney Spears ft. Sia] 

"Come on, one more set!" Taylor urged.

"God dammit, Taylor." 

"Come on, Shawn!" 

I do my best, using all my force and will. I focus all my energy on my shoulders, and push up. I feel my abs contract and they hurt. Damn, having Taylor as your personal trainer is fucking hard, my stomach hurts already. 

We were in the gym, working out with him as promised. I was doing sit ups with him holding my feet down.

I do five and he cheers me on again, then I finally get to ten. 

I slam my back on the yoga mat in exhaustion, my arms above my head. 

"Good job, baby." 

I pant for air and try to speak. "I don't like you." 

"Look at the bright side, these boys will be better." He pats my stomach and sits down beside me. "You see, you work out. But you don't push yourself, you only settle for what you can do, so you really don't improve yourself, you're just working on maintenance. " 

"Are you really lecturing me right now?" 

"Yes." He smiles. "That's what I do when I work out, always push myself." 

He stands up, offering a hand. I take it and pull myself up. 

"Shall we work on arms next?" 

I groan.

After hitting the gym, we both head home for a shower and to change our clothes since the shower in the gym was full and I am in no way comfortable getting naked around muscular men, and neither was Taylor. He wears my clothes for the moment so he won't have to go all the way home. 

We decide to go to the mall for a little boyfriend date, shopping for clothes, me looking at guitars, keyboards and microphones and him looking at stuff he can add to his personal gym. Then we go to this record label store and look at some vinyls. I've never had one, although I want to. They're too expensive and even if I'll get one, I don't have a record player. 

"Babe." Taylor calls, I look at the vinyl I'm holding before turning to look at him.

"Woah." I utter in awe, he was holding up a Beyonce vinyl, her first album, Dangerously In Love. "How much is it?" 

He checks the back of the cover and frowns. "$49.95" 

"Damn." 

He comes near me and places a kiss on my cheek. "I'll get it for you this Christmas." 

"Yeah, sure. Tell me what you're getting me, genius." I knock on his head playfully. "And I don't even have a record player." 

Another peck. "Kidding." 

We leave the record store and roam the mall. Taylor sees some of his teammates and friends and they exchange handshakes while I smile at them awkwardly. I also see some people I know, people from my classes, a lot from my Advanced Composition. 

I hear someone call my name. "Shawn!" I turn around to see who it is.

Nash.

The moment I see him, I immediately thought woah. 

He's grown a lot. He's built his muscles, and the blonde highlights on his hair are gone. 

I smile. "Hey!"