SIXTYFOUR

As a surprise, Viola had only seen the blueprint of the house, but not the house in full. It was her wish to be fully surprised when they would finally arrive.

After having been out to buy groceries with Kreacher and they returned to the apartment, everything was ready. To Viola's further surprise, the apartment was packed with people. Molly and Arthur, Ron and Hermione, Bill, Fleur, Charlie and Percy. But the person she had least expected to see...

"Jamie!" Viola yelped and nearly dropped her back full of groceries when her eyes fell upon her best friend from Slytherin. He stood tall between the twins and looked as handsome as ever. Tall, dark hair and a scruffy beard. After having quickly put the groceries down by her feet, she rushed over and jumped into Jamie's arms. He chuckled and spun her around at his best effort in the packed living room.

"Hello darling!" Jamie said and let Viola fall to her feet. "Fred figured you could use an extra pair of hands, so here I am. Congratulations on the house and the engagement - still feels like yesterday we were gossiping about Fred and Justin down in the common room."

Viola bit her lip and looked nervously around when Jamie spoke about Justin Finch-Fletchly. She had never told anyone about Jamie's sexual orientation.

"Don't worry, I'm fully out and very proud to say that Justin reciprocated my feelings." Jamie said in response to her nervous glances. Her eyes widened and her mouth cornered in a joyful smile.

"So you and him...?" She asked and Jamie nodded with a smile. "How long?"

"I was one of the volunteers to rebuild Hogwarts after the battle. Figured I could do some good after not being able to participate in the fight. I was far away in Brazil. But I started hanging out with Justin during the rebuilding and well..." Jamie said and shrugged with a smile. "We should all have dinner sometime, but he has been sick lately, so I asked him to stay home today. He would've loved to help out, though."

"Oh, he shouldn't worry about that and dinner sounds absolutely wonderful. Congratulations, Jamie! How did your parents take it?" Viola asked and completely forgot everyone around her and the upcoming event.

"Nah, not well, but you know my family history. Very old fashioned, so we're not on speaking terms, but it's okay. I didn't agree with them on almost everything. They think it's a sad thing that the muggle born laws have been demolished." He explained and grabbed Viola's hands and tugged them.

"Wait..." Fred suddenly said and his finger pointed at Jamie, his eyes flickering between him and Viola. Then it finally hit him and his mouth formed into a big 'O'. "So that's what you meant when you said that Jamie had zero interest in you whatsoever?! You don't even like... Oh!"

"That's right, Freddie. Even though your girlfriend is the most beautiful creature in this world, it has never been romantic. I like your kind." Jamie said and winked at Fred who actually looked rather flattered. Both Viola and Jamie started laughing.

"Fiancé! And whoa, Jamie, just whoa. I've never been friends with someone who's gay before. It's an honour!" Fred said and bowed in front of Jamie.

"Sooo... Are we moving or we could just share the tea and gossip all afternoon?" Charlie said from the couch and looked at them with a grin.

"Right! Move. Okay, everyone-" Fred began and looked around at his family and their friends. "-We packed everything in that rucksack over there. The furniture is outside the house in a waterproof container. We should divide jobs between us." He added and looked around to study every person.

"Right, Charlie, Bill, Jamie, Harry, Ron, George and I will take care of the heavy stuff. Mum, Fleur and Hermione can help Viola unpack, but!" He said and stared at his mother with a firm look in his eyes. "Mum, if you so much as try to take control of things, I will tie you to a chair. Listen to Vi, yes?"