SEVENTYONE

The first fall of snow came early in December. The little house on the field near River Otter looked like a gingerbread house with the ornaments along the gutters of the house gave it a colourful look. A path cleared of snow, to prevent anyone from slipping, went from the front door all the way to the shed.

Inside the house was decorated for Christmas as well. A tribe of little elves were placed all around the house. On the coffee table was a decoration with 4 big candles, in celebration of advent. Something that people did in Denmark. When the first official Sunday of advent came around, the first candle would be lit. And then the next Sunday it was the second candle and so on.
Two large red socks hung lazy over the fireplace, one for Fred and one for Viola. Every Sunday in advent, Viola would put a little present down Fred's sock.

When Fred noticed his sock bulging out on the first Sunday in advent, he looked at it with surprise. He had walked over and fished out the present. Confused, he had opened it and found a mug with a big F on it.
Ever since then, Fred had been drinking tea and coffee from that mug. Viola had also given George a mug with a G on it.

December came with a calm and cosy environment. At this time last year, they had all been uncomfortable and scared for the future. But now everything was good, so Christmas time felt a lot more like Christmas.
To her utmost joy, Viola found out that they were going to spend Christmas Eve at the Burrow with the whole family, including Scott and Malinda. This was something she looked forward to and everyday she went to work with joy.

Her and Carson had begun their sessions. Carson told Viola all about the Inka- and Mayan wizard world and she swallowed up every single word. Once they got more comfortable around each other, they also talked about normal everyday things. Like so many others, Carson was very interested in hearing about Viola's life at Ilvermorny.

In return, Carson told Viola all about his travels and all the monsters he had faced. He told her about once where he was almost caught by modern day witch hunters. He had just about escaped and had to take refuge in a Mayan temple.

Viola could faintly remember that back in America they also had modern day witch hunters, but unlike those Carson had met in South America, those in America were not even close to anything. They only believed that women were witches and that they were like sirens. That they could lure in anyone and eventually give birth to witches - therefore the legacy would live on.

Sharing stories with Carson was refreshing. He was just as interested in magical history as she was and she was enjoying having someone to talk to.
Not that she couldn't talk to Fred about that stuff, but unlike Fred - Carson came with theories, guesses and counter stories. It began becoming a sort of comfort for Viola. Going from getting almost no sleep, she found herself getting calmer and calmer to the point where she begun sleeping at night again.

Fred and George had finally made the finishing touches on their metamorph tablets and they were soon ready to go on display.
Filch still had the ban on any Weasley products at school, but thanks to Ginny - word got around about the tablets and the twins began receiving orders within no time after they had begun selling the tablets.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Once they were halfway through December, Viola began panicking about what she should get Fred for Christmas. He had teased her about having found the perfect gift for her. But what could she possibly get a guy who never complains about missing anything?
But considering that Fred had provided them a house, Viola wanted nothing more than to buy him something special.

And then one day, it came to her like a lightning from a clear sky.

Viola had just placed the bowl filled with spaghetti carbonara on the table, when the door opened and Fred walked in. He had his broomstick in his hand and brushed some snow off his shoulders, when he removed his cloak. He gently placed the broomstick in the corner of the hallway and then came inside. He shivered shortly and sniffed. His cheeks were bright red and so was his nose.