FIFTYEIGHT

Time passed and so did August. The weather remained nice and lukewarm and Fred and Viola had spent the remaining weeks of the holiday at a cabin in Scotland. At first, they both found it hard to recover from the loss of their child and they distanced themselves from each other at the beginning. Viola knew that Fred was struggling as well as she, but she didn't know how to comfort him and she didn't have the energy to do it as well. Her own grief filled every cell in her body and the first week away, they hardly even kissed each other.

It wasn't until halfway through the 2nd week, when Viola woke up from a nightmare and started to break down in bed beside Fred. She wanted nothing more than to be in his arms for the first time in a few weeks. Fred had woken up and had rolled around to hold her tight while Viola cried out on his arms. Neither of them slept the rest of the night, but stayed up and talked. They spoke all of the those words neither of them had dared to utter and from that point on - everything seemed to go back to normal between them. Fred had done everything in his power to learn what to do in this situation from Charity and a load of books on the matter. But the one thing they hadn't spoken about - was the possibility of them trying again for a baby. It seemed like neither of them dared to get their hopes up and the timing wasn't exactly right with Viola starting her teaching job at Hogwarts.

But as the weeks passed and the beginning of the semester creeping in, their moods changed from their dark and gloomy selves to them being cheerful again. They found the energy to joke and laugh again and Fred had been right about the whole 'giving them both time and space to heal together'. After having distanced herself from Fred, she quickly learned that it was him she needed the most and him her.

5 days before the semesters beginning, Viola and Fred returned home to George who was more than thrilled to see them again. And even more thrilled to see them both in a better mood again. Fred had given Viola and George the space to talk while he went out for groceries. This allowed Viola to speak to George about the whole thing and George got the chance to give her his comfort.

The one thing missing in Viola and Fred's relationship was the intimacy. They hadn't been together since that day. Fred had been very cautious about it all and Viola didn't feel ready to have sex once again. Not that she didn't longed to be with Fred again, but she feared that she would get pregnant too soon again. She spent her showers giving herself orgasms, but it was never anyway near the feeling she got when she was with Fred and it left her frustrated.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

The night before the Viola's first day back at Hogwarts, Fred and George were working late down at the shop. The workload had grown since the launch of Witches Wonders closed in, so George spent most of his time working there and Fred managed the joke shop.

Viola stood in the kitchen and was making dinner. She had the book, she borrowed from Molly open on the counter that explained how to make a feast out of almost nothing. Viola followed the directions perfectly and she was quite satisfied with how it was turning out. Fred had said that he would be home around 7, but didn't know about George.

Viola looked up at the clock at it was 10 minutes past 7. She let out a deep sigh and began placing her dinner at the dinner table along with 3 sets of plates and cutlery if George would show up around the same time as Fred. Viola was nervous about her first day as a teacher, but she looked forward to attempt the feast once again.

The door sprung open and a very exhausted Fred came in. He sighed deeply as he took off his jacket and threw it onto the couch. When his eyes found the absolute feast on the dinner table, he walked over to Viola, cupped her face with his hands and placed a kiss on her lips.

"Merlin's Beard, you are an angel." Fred groaned as he walked over at sat himself by the dinner table. Viola walked over and joined him.

"Long day?" She asked cautiously and poured Fred a glass of wine as well as herself.