NINETEEN

The first week with the Weasley's went okay. They had spent about 4 days at the Burrow so that Molly and Arthur could pack up all the necessities. During those days, Viola spent most of her time in her room. She shared rooms with Ginny. Ginny knew that Viola wasn't in a good place after having to say good goodbye to her mother and brother indefinitely, so she was giving her her space.
At night, Ginny always made sure that Viola knew that she was there for her. On the 3rd night, Ginny had woken up to Viola crying.

She sat in the window, looking out on the sky and silently cried. Now and then she let out a whimper and a sniff, which eventually woke Ginny up. She said nothing, but merely walked over and put her arms around Viola in a hug. Viola accepted the comfort and leaned her head against Ginny. Neither of them slept that night, but stayed up and talked. Viola told her about her time at Ilvermorny and all the things she and Scott got up to, and all the trouble they got themselves into. She found herself laughing and smiling for the first time in days.

George had been a great comfort as well and so had Fred.
Fred hadn't brought up the fact that he had finally come clean to Scott and he hadn't made a move on her. She appreciated that, because the last thing she wanted to think of was her and Fred's relationship. But in the night before they were heading to the headquarters, Ginny finally asked about Fred.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"I did suspect that he was up to something, and I had a slight idea that it had something to do with you." Ginny said as they both sat in opposite ends of the window,their faces only being lit up by the faint shine of the moon. It was a clear sky out and stars were displayed all over the night sky. It made Viola think about Easter. She smiled faintly.

"It started the night of the Yule Ball." She said and blushed a little bit as she avoided Ginny's cheeky face. "I found him on top of the Astronomy tower, jealous as all hell."

"So that's where he went!" She exclaimed and hit her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Neville and I talked about it. He stormed out of the Great Hall after only dancing for a few minutes. We reckoned that Angelina said something to him." She said and Viola shook her head slightly.

"Nope, he was jealous of Jamie, which is completely nuts." She said and grabbed her warm cup of tea and took a small sip. The warmth of the hot liquid spread throughout her body. They were silent for a while.

"Ginny?" Viola asked softly.

"Mhm?"

"Do you think..." Viola stopped and gulped. A stream of thoughts and concerns roamed through her mind. Scott and her mother. Harry. Fred and Weasleys in general.
"Do you think Fred has feelings for me?" She asked and didn't think about the childish question she just asked a 14 year old. Ginny smiled at her.

"He may not admit for a good while, but yes, I reckon he does." She said reassuringly and placed her warm hand on Viola's.

"Why wouldn't he admit it?" Viola asked and looked at her.

"Because he's proud and he likes to edge people, if you know what I mean?"

"Not really?"

"Well, I reckon that he will wait until you confess first, so he can be really sure of what's going on." Ginny said and looked out the window. "He can be quite insecure, you know." By that comment Viola's eyes widened, begging her to tell more.

"He has to be sure of most things, thinks things over before he makes an educated decision on some things. He never once stops to think it over when it comes to messing with others" she said and chuckled lightly. Viola smiled to herself.