TWENTYTWO

Viola was completely and utterly frozen. She couldn't comprehend what Sirius had just said. She slowly turned around with shock painted all over her face.

"My mom?" She asked, her voice shaking.

"Sit down, let me tell you a little tale." Sirius said and gestured towards a chair beside his. Without thinking, she immediately moved over to the chair and seated herself.

"Picture yourself a man with the whole word at his feet." Sirius began and took a sip of whatever he had in his glass. Viola looked at him and listened carefully.

"At 16 he ran away from his family with pure blood mania. Of course, he had been a disappointment ever since the day he was sorted into Gryffindor and not Slytherin. He went over to his best friend and started to live there. This man had 3 friends. Best friends... they got up to all kinds of mischief, even successfully completing the animagi charm in his 5th year... but after he graduated Hogwarts, he wanted to travel. He went everywhere - Australia, Africa... America... after a few years, he received an owl from his best friend - he was getting married. That night, the man went to celebrate the news in a nearby muggle bar. There he met a woman. Beautiful with long blonde hair and the most mesmerising eyes you could ever imagine. The man did not stop thinking about her and managed to track her down after that night. To his utmost pleasure - the woman reciprocated his feelings. The man wrote back to his best friends and told him all about the woman. They were happy for him, but the man didn't bring the woman to the wedding because she was a muggle and the man didn't want to tell her just yet. So the man went to the wedding and witnessed the best day of his best friends life. It was truly beautiful, you see. But he ached to go back and be with the woman he loved. So he went back to find out that the woman was pregnant. With his child. He couldn't be happier. He was going to be a father. He wrote his best friends and told them. They were all stoked. There were going to be a mini-pad foot... 9 months later, the woman gave birth to a boy. A beautiful and healthy baby boy. The man vouched to be the best role model he could possibly be to this child. But soon after the birth of his son, the woman announced a second pregnancy. They were having another child. But the man never cowered. He was just as happy to greet their second child into the world. A girl this time. A beautiful girl who looked just like her mother. They children grew into two happy children and the man and the woman lived happily together for 5 years with their children. But then tragedy struck the man. He received a message that his best friend and his wife was being hunted by the darkest wizard of all time. And worst part of it - their son. So the man said goodbye to his children and the woman to go help them. He assured them that he was coming back soon.
But when he arrived in England, his world collapsed. His best friend had been murdered along with his wife. But their son? He had survived. The man knew who had betrayed them and he went off to hunt the traitor down. But everything went wrong. The traitor faked his own death and pinned it on the man along with 12 other victims. The man was sentenced and sent to Azkaban. In there he spent his time thinking about his children who thought he had left them. He thought about the woman he loved who was waiting for him to come home like he had promised. And he was thinking about his godson, who was being raised by the worst kind of muggles you could imagine. There was nothing he could do. He couldn't contact anyone and he spent 12 long years in hell, longing to see his family and godson again, grieving the death of his friends. After 12 years, the man managed to break out of Azkaban to hunt down the traitor once more. But it failed and the traitor got away. But one good thing came out of it. His godson now knew the truth along with his old friend. The man was now forced to leave the country. All he wanted was to go home to his family, but he couldn't. He was on the run, a convicted mass murderer. It wasn't until a year later when he learned that the darkest wizard had returned, that the man could return to England and now live in the home of his forefathers. Then one day, a family arrives along with a young girl. A girl who the man never thought he would see again." He finished the story by sending Viola a searching look. Viola was completely frozen. She had no idea what to say or how to react. She gulped slowly and looked at Sirius.