EIGHT

Since that night in Slytherin's common room, Jamie and Viola became inseparable. She had finally found herself a very good friend. After he had confessed to her that he was not into girls at all, but into guys, Viola felt a strong connection with him and they did everything together. Also going to the Yule Ball together. Her mother had sent her the most beautiful dress and Viola was in awe of it when she first laid her eyes on it. She couldn't believe that her mother would send her such a beautiful dress.

The night of the Yule Ball, Jamie had been nagging Viola all day to see her dress, but she insisted on letting it be a surprise. He had been mock-pouted all day and she only found it hilarious. So when time finally arrived, Viola stood in her dormitory all beauty'ed up. Her dress was long and pearly white and she had styled her hair to curl at the bottom, but stay somewhat smooth on the top. Her lips were crimson red and she finally felt ready.

"Whoa!" Jamie exhaled when Viola walked down the stairs from her dormitory and she chuckled at the view of his face. Even though she knew that he didn't see her in any romantic way, she was flattered by the drop of his jaw and his admiring looks shot her way. "Let's get down to the Great Hall, shall we?".

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Angelina had finally arrived by his side and Fred was amazed on how good she looked. To be fair, Angelina always looked good. But she was a friend. Nothing more - nothing less. And Fred hoped that she knew that and felt that as well. He was standing with George and his date - a Hufflepuff girl who looked rather pretty as well. All the girls were beautiful tonight. This was going to be an awesome night, he just knew it.

"Do you have it?" George whispered in his ear and Fred fished out a big bottle of firewhiskey from his pocket. "Indeed - we'll spike the punch right away, yes?". George nodded and clapped his hands. This made Angelina look suspiciously at them. "Don't you worry about a thing, Johnson. We are going to have a great night." George said and nudged Angelina. She rolled her eyes and that often meant that she was just rolling with it. They kept chitchatting and waiting for the doors to the Great Hall to open to the ball.

"Whoa, is that... Viola Raywood?" A girl asked a few feet away from Fred and he looked in the voice's direction and then directed his gaze to where the girl was looking. And there she was.
Arm in arm with a tall Slytherin boy, she slowly took each step down the stairs with caution. She was wearing a gorgeous long white dress and she led herself with a grace that amazed him. She was beyond any words. He couldn't describe how beautiful she was - nor could he take his eyes off her. His mouth dropped and words were clocked in his throat. Then his attention went to who she was going with. A tight knot of pure envy tightened in his chest when he noticed the boy smiling with pride when everyone saw who he was with. It wasn't fair. He should have been the one who had asked her - he should have been the one walking beside Viola with pride smeared all over his face.

"She's always quite beautiful, but right now I'm more convinced than ever that she's part Veela." George's voice interrupted Fred's thoughts and glance. He looked at his twin. Maybe it was true? The way she was always having this intoxicating effect on him, it would make sense if she had some sort of Veela lineage running through her veins.

"Please take yourselves and your dates to the hall. The champions will open the ball with the first dances in a few minutes. " McGonagall said, her voice louder than all of the crowd's mumbling. Most of mumbling had the same topic. Viola. And it bothered Fred. It bothered him a lot. There was no use denying it to himself any longer. He longed for Viola. He longed for her in such a degree that every nerve in his body was screaming at him to run to her and tear her away from her date, swooping her feet and claiming her for himself. But his pride wouldn't let him. So he slacked his way into the Great Hall with Angelina, not really noticing her beauty any longer. He only had eyes for Viola at this point. As they walked together into the Great Hall, all were in awe of the state of the hall. But Fred kept looking over his shoulder to catch another glimpse of Viola.