FOUR

Slytherin? But how could it be? She was a so-called 'mudblood'! Wasn't she? A table cheered in the far left end of the hall. But it was not the table her brother was seated in. Viola's heart dropped as she slowly realized that they wouldn't be sharing a house. She rose to her feet, gave the hat back to McGonagall and slowly made her way to the Slytherin table. She found her seat at the end of the table and looked down at her empty plate. This was not what she'd imagined. Weren't siblings always sorted to the same house? They were at the same house at Ilvermorny, but now she was all alone at Slytherin.

Dumbledore soon after presented the feast and Viola started to dig in, eating silently. She could hear whispers and chuckling around her and she looked up as she saw a tall blonde boy next to her. He smirked at her and then sat down next to her. Viola gave a nod in acknowledgement and then returned to her plate.

"So you're new, yeah? Where do you come from?" The boy asked and turned towards her.
"America." Viola simply answered and took another bite off her food. "Ah, Ilvermorny?" Viola nodded.

"I'm Draco. Draco Malfoy." the boy said and put out his hand. Viola looked at it, as she was slowly chewing her food, then looked up at Draco, and then back at his hand. Not shaking his hand, she simply said. "Viola, but you heard that a few minutes ago." Draco chuckled and tried to awkwardly dodge the embarrassment of her rejection. But he seemed to get the hint, that she wasn't in the mood to talk and left her side. Viola looked up and locked eyes with her brother who said two tables away. A quick glance at the person next to him, she knew that she had been right all along. He had indeed been sorted into Gryffindor. She smiled to herself and although she hated that she wasn't in Gryffindor with him, she felt a warmth spread throughout her body as he was sitting and laughing with two of the redheads from the 'cult'.

Dumbledore spoke once again, but Viola didn't pay attention. She fiddled with her long blonde hair that were falling down in cascades over her shoulders and her back. But then all of a sudden, Dumbledore caught her attention.
"A very special event will take place this year - the Triwizard Tournament!". Viola's eyes widened as they searched for her brother's. She knew what he was thinking. He had always wanted to compete in that exact tournament, but Viola was safe knowing that Ilvermorny never had such events. But now?

She found her brother quickly who stared in awe at Dumbledore. The two redheads beside him shared the exact same look as Scott. Viola's body was filled with dread as Scott's face showed absolute excitement as Dumbledore went on to tell them about the galleon prize and all that shit about eternal glory. But then her attention was caught again. Students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would be arriving in October. That was something she could look forward to.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Did you hear that, Vi? The Triwizard Tournament! And I am old enough to compete!" Scott exclaimed as soon as they meet outside the Great Hall. Viola shot him a not-so-convincing smile. "Come on, Vi, don't you worry about me, if I get picked I'll win - you know I'm smart." Scott said and pulled her in for a quick hug. "Scott, please think this over, will you? For me?" Viola pleaded him and Scott sighed in response. Then he nodded.

"Blimey, Scottieboy, who is this flower and where have you been hiding her?" A voice asked cheeky as two identical redheads emerged from behind Scott. Scott rolled his eyes. "This is my sister, Viola."

"Hi." Viola said and reached out her hand to greet. Both redheads pushed Scott aside, both kneeled down in front of her, one of them grabbed her already outstretched hand and the other grabbed her free hand. Both of them placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"Fred" One said.

"- And George" The other said.