THIRTYEIGHT

The next morning, Viola woke up early. Her head was pounding and her eyes were so awful heavy when she opened them. Fred was by her side, laying with his back to her. He was sleeping soundly and slightly snoring. Even though she had been really drunk the night before, Viola could remember everything. Warmth filled her heart when she thought of how Fred had bathed her after she had thrown up. He had taken such good care of her and she was him grateful.

Silently, she crawled out of bed and pulled down Fred's shirt that was so big on her, that it could easily be a dress. She slowly crept towards the door and left the room.

She was surprised to meet George sitting on the couch, heavily yawning and pressing his back with his hand.

"Mornin'." He yawned.

"Good morning. Rough night?" Viola asked silently and had to choke a chuckle by the sight of George's hair that was an absolute mess because of the bandage that was still firmly wrapped around his head.

"Crashed on the couch." George replied and rose to his feet. He was still dressed in his dress robes from the night before.

"Fancy some breakfast?" Viola asked as she moved towards the kitchen.

"Oh, Vi, will you?" George asked in surprise and looked at her like he had two hearts as eyes. Viola chuckled. "Of course."

"And you chose Fred... man, if I had been a little faster, I could've wife'd you up." George groaned, but his mouth cornered in a teasing smirk.

"Face it, George, you could never handle me." Viola teased back and they both chuckled as George seated himself by the table, as Viola started rummaging through the fridge and cupboards.

Back at Grimmauld Place, Kreacher had mostly prepared meals for her and Scott. But after she had bonded with Kreacher, Viola always helped him with meals, so she knew her way around a kitchen. She found some flour, some eggs and milk and figured she'd make some pancakes.

As she started enchanted the pan to fry the pancakes, she went to whisk up some eggs to make some scrambled eggs for poor George that was heavily hungover.

"So what were you and Fred doing yesterday when you snuck off?" George asked and took a sip of the coffee that Viola had brought him.

"That's for me and Fred to know and you to guess." Viola said, repeating Fred's words. George groaned and frowned which made her chuckle.

"I'm only your best friend, Vi, and you won't even tell me your dirty secrets." George scoffed.

"Not when it involves around your twin brother."

George scoffed again. "He always told me every dirty little detail before you came along." He said and winked at her.

"So... How many has he been with?" Viola asked, she couldn't contain her curiosity any longer. George shook his head.

"That's for me and Fred to know and you to guess." He teased and chuckled.

"Rude." Viola chuckled.

"I'll cut you a deal. You tell me what happened yesterday and I'll tell you Fred's magical number." George suggested and took another sip of coffee, his eyes not leaving hers.

Viola was reluctant to let George in on her and Fred's moment, but she was just too damn curious to let this opportunity down.

"Well, we talked while dancing. Fred just said something that made me think that... even though I still needed some time, I really wanted him. And so we snuck off to.. Yeah." She said and blushed a little bit.