SEVENTY

She was so late when she woke up from her armchair in her office. One look at the watch on her wrist, Viola jumped up from the chair and rushed to her desk to gather her things. It was almost 7pm and she was supposed to be home 2,5 hours ago, but she had fallen asleep after her class.
Her lack of night sleep had taken a toll on her and she was constantly tired. When she was about to throw the floo powder into the fireplace, she remembered that she had to ask McGongall for something.

With a groan, Viola exited her office and began rushing down the corridors to the Great Hall.

"Blaaack, Blaaack, Black! Or is it Weasley now?" A high pitched voice called from above her. Viola looked up and noticed Peeves sitting on top of one of the armors.

"I don't have time, Peeves." Viola snapped and began walking once again. But Peeves just flew up from the armour and followed her. He was yodelling loudly just to annoy her.

"Peeves! Shut it!" Viola shouted and tried to dodge the poltergeist by taking one of the shortcuts, Fred and George had showed her when they attended Hogwarts.

"Ohhh, that's not very nice is it?" He teased and laughed loudly only to follow her.

"Silencio!" Someone said behind her and Peeves immediately fell quiet. Viola turned around and saw Carson. The new professor. Peeves stuck his tongue out in a very rude gesture, before he flew away.

"Thank you." Viola sighed and gave Carson a little smile.

"Anytime. I always found him rather unbearable when I was a student." Carson said with a shrug and a crooked smile.

"You and me both." Viola chuckled. "Heading down for dinner?"

"Yeah."

"We can go together, I have to discuss something with McGonagall." Viola said and hade a gesture with her head for Carson to follow her. He did just so and caught up to her immediately.

"You're not staying for dinner?" He asked calmly and looked down at her.

"No, I have to get home." She replied.

"If you don't mind me saying... You don't sound British at all." Carson said as they took a right turn down another corridor, leading them on the right track towards the Great Hall.

"I'm not." Viola chuckled and began walking down the stairs to the entrance hall. "I'm American. Went to Ilvermorny and then got transferred to Hogwarts before me 6th year."

"Ah, how old are you?" He then asked and stopped before they reached the doors to the Great Hall.

"I'm 20. I turn 21 in a month. How about you?"

"25. I just arrived back from travelling in South America. I was studying the Mayan and Inka wizard world. Very exciting." He said smiling.

"Really? That sounds very exciting. Could you tell me more about it someday? It could be useful for my lessons." Viola asked excitedly. She hadn't given much thought to the magical history of South America before.

"Sure. We can talk about it more next week?" Carson suggested and gave her a light shrug.

"Sounds good." Viola said sweetly, before she opened the doors to the Great hall and rushed down the house tables towards the teacher's table. She waved to Ginny along the way, before she reached McGonagall.

"Miss Black, are you joining us tonight?" McGonagall asked rather surprised.

"No, professor, I was merely going to ask you if I could have Thursday and Friday off?" Viola asked curiously and bit her lip. McGonagall narrowed her eyes and looked at her.