SEVENTYSEVEN

I would like to dedicate this chapter to my amazing and incredible friend, Cathrine.

She has been with me during these past couple of weeks and I can't begin to say how grateful I am for her.
When the darkness is al I see, she brings a small light and brightens my day.

Without her, I think I would be even worse than I am.

I love her. ❤️

Also you guys - if you follow my Instagram @catlove0712 you'll notice that I'm fairly good at making edits.
So I was thinking maybe doing a little competition thingy? Where the price is an edit of your own and your story recommended in the beginning of a chapter? What do you think? Let me know here ->

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

It's all a dream, I said. It's just a bad dream and I will wake up and everything will be what it was.

But what if I could go back to a simpler time? Back when we were just teenagers? Stupid and young teenagers in love. We had no idea what was ahead of us.

Neither of us knew what our choices would lead to. What if we had known? What if we had a glimpse into our future and saw everything? Would we even have gotten this far? Or would we have saved us the heartbreak and the sorrows?

There is a lot of things I would have done differently. I would've been a better person.

She haunts my dreams every night. I see her, but I can never hear her. She opens her mouth to speak, but no words come out. We are standing in a dark room. She reaches out to me, but I can never touch her.

Is that what I have to live with? Is that my punishment?

When I wake up, I smell her. Everything looks as is did, before she was gone. Her book was still on her nightstand. Her clothes in the closet.
But nothing is the same. Because I have slept for 43 nights and seen her every night.

But it doesn't even matter.

I don't deserve her. I never did.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

When Fred woke up from his slumber, he was confused. The dream had been weird. Ever since Viola left 43 days ago, he had dreamt of her every single night, but that night was different.

He was sweating profusely and his heart was beating. In his dream, he had just been standing in a room, pouring out every feeling and thought he had had the past 43 days. But he couldn't remember who else was there in his dream, but he knew that someone else was there.

The sun was barely breaking the horizon, but Fred chose to get out of bed. He wouldn't be able to sleep anyways.

When he got down to his kitchen, he went directly over to his calendar hanging on the wall and crossed another day. April 19th. 3 weeks from his wedding day. Or it had been supposed to be. When he flipped the calendar page to the next, he sighed by the sight of the little heart marked by Viola over the date of May 9th.

No one still knew the real reason why Viola left. Not except George. And Scott as well, Fred figured, but he hadn't heard from him. Maybe Viola hadn't told him the real reason or told him not to react, because Fred had been preparing himself for the inevitable earful from Scott. But nothing.