FORTYSEVEN

All of the sounds became blurred. Someone was tugging her arm to pull her away from Fred, but she was not moving. She wasn't going to leave him. She cried into his chest and kept begging him, pleading him to not leave her.

She felt a strong hand rest on her head and stroked her hair. Someone spoke to her, but she just tugged Fred's shirt tighter and tighter.

"Come on, love."

It was George. He tried to lift her head, but she refused. She wouldn't leave Fred.

"He can't have left me." She whimpered and closed her eyes. "We still have so many things left to do." She whispered.

"Love, come on."

The voice was now clearer and Viola opened her eyes as she felt something move. Her head immediately turned to face Fred and there he was. Bruised up beyond recognition. But alive. His eyes were open and he was the one stroking her hair. He had been talking to her and not George.

For a moment, she blankly stared at him, unsure whether or not she was imagining things.

"I'm all right, love." Fred said quietly and in pain. Viola's eyes widened as she realised that it was real. Her head automatically smashed into his and kissed him deeper than she had ever done before. When he slowly lifted his weight up upon his arms, Viola threw her arms around his neck.

"I thought I lost you!" She sobbed and hid her face into his neck.

"Can't get rid of me that easy, darling." Fred said raspy and tugged his face into her neck as well. "Like you said - we still have loads to do."

Viola chuckled in her cries and started kissing every available spot of Fred.

"Yeah, like the triplets." She said still chuckling and crying at the same time. Fred chuckled as well, but then groaned in pain. "Yeah, like the triplets" he said warmly and tried to shrug Viola off gently. "You're hurting me, love."

"I don't care!" She said and only tugged him tighter. Fred chuckled again and gave her a tight squeeze, before Viola finally obliged and pulled away.

"You're bleeding." Fred said and wiped away a stain of blood from her forehead. "So are you." Viola said and looked at the wound on his head.

"We need you fixed up. Where did Harry and the others go?" She asked Percy who sat by their side.

"They ran 10 minutes ago." Percy said quietly and couldn't tear his eyes away from Fred.

"We need to get him somewhere safe." She said to Percy who finally tore his eyes away from his brother and shook his head like he was coming out of a trance.

"Right, let's get him on his feet." Percy said and rose to his feet. Viola did the same and grabbed Fred's one hand and Percy grabbed the other. With struggle they got him on his feet, but he was complaining heavily. He was in a lot of pain.

"Let's go away from the sounds." Percy suggested and Viola agreed. Together they carried Fred away from the blastings until they found an empty classroom. They gently placed Fred on one of the tables and Percy announced that he was going to guard the door.

Viola stayed by Fred's side as she tried to get an overlook upon his wounds.

"It's not as bad as it seems." Fred said, but moaned in pain when Viola found a big and deep purple wound on his rib cage.

"Broken ribs." She stated.

"Screw those. Come here." He said and cupped her cheek with his one hand. Viola looked at him and he looked awful, but he was gently smiling at her. At that moment, she was just so grateful that he was alive that she went with it and leaned in to kiss Fred.