TWENTY

The first few days at Grimmauld Place went by fast. They were all trying to get comfortable in this dark and damp house. Viola shared her room with Ginny again, but it was only temporary. Once Hermione got there, Viola would get her own room. On one hand, she didn't look forward to be alone at night and she loved shared rooms with Ginny. But on the other hand - some privacy would do her well. With the house full of the Weasley's, Sirius and the members of the order coming in and out daily, privacy was hard to come by.

The third morning at the house, Molly announced that they would begin the cleanse of the house. Everyone groaned, but the twins complained the most. Viola didn't complain - she wanted to do something that would take her mind off everything else.

They started the cleanse the day after. They started in the kitchen and while doing that they found multiple weird things. Pixies hiding in the cupboards, multiple weird artefacts hiding in the corners and not to mention the boggarts. Viola did everything she could to avoid those. She didn't want anyone to know her worst fear. The students at Ilvermorny had teased her enough with it.

Within the 2nd week, none other than Albus Dumbledore came by. By that time, Hermione had arrived as well. Viola was stoked to see her.

"Have you received letters from Harry?" She asked Ron and Ron nodded.

"Speaking of whom, Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger..." Dumbledore said calmly and they all looked at him. "I must ask you not to tell him anything yet. It is an utmost importance." Dumbledore said.

"But professor..." Hermione argued, but Dumbledore shook his head. "Give me your words that you will not tell him anything yet." He said with a tone that were dangerous but calm at the same time. After a few moments, Ron and Hermione complied.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

After 2 weeks, Viola felt restless. She roamed the halls at Grimmauld Place like a ghost haunting the very halls she died in. And a part of her had died that moment she hugged her mother and brother goodbye. Every member of the Weasley family did everything they could to cheer her up, but it was hopeless. Now that she had her own room, she spent most of her nights in the window casting longing looks towards the sky, hoping - praying - that her mother and Scott would somehow feel them and then know how much she longed for them and how much she missed them.

Sirius didn't do much to take her mind off it and it wasn't exactly odd. He had been avoiding her since she arrived and she had no problem with it. Even though he was innocent of everything, he still scared her.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

It was the middle of the 3rd week at Grimmauld Place and as usual, Viola sat in her window, looking out to the sky. It was around 1am and she had been sitting there ever since they were sent to bed. In the beginning of their stay, Viola spent time with the Weasley kids and Hermione whenever a meeting was happening, but lately she had withdrawn herself to the comfort of her own room and by extension -her own thoughts.

"I miss you." Viola whispered to herself while looking out the window. The worst part of it all was that Viola didn't know where they were and they didn't know where she was. So they couldn't even send owls to each other.
She decided to stretch her legs a little bit and walked down to the kitchen.

She walked over to the cupboard to grab a glass and then filled it with water. Then she leaned against the counter and sniffed while wiping away her tears.

"Couldn't sleep?" A deep voice spoke in the depths of the dark. Viola looked up, startled. She could just about make out the silhouette in the dark to be Fred. She took a deep breath.