FORTYTHREE

February passed as quickly as January and so did March. The days at Shell Cottage merged into one big blur. Viola missed Fred so intensely that she had a hard time sleeping at night. She had grown used to falling asleep in his arms. She couldn't get comfortable in bed and she always felt cold. The thing that kept her somewhat sane was the letters.

"Dear Fred,

I think you'll be happy to know that I spend most of my time with the others. Mainly Bill. All of his stories about the ancient Egyptian wizards and witches never seem to get boring. I know you might find it boring, but I'm also more interested in magical history than you.

The weather is getting nicer here and warmer. I wish I could spend the early spring days with you, stargazing out in our field. I've been looking at stars a lot lately.

Scott is getting tense. He hates being on lockdown, unable to be out there himself, but Bill ensures him that he is as much help, as he would be if he wasn't on lockdown.

Tonks should give birth any day by now. Remus feared that she would go into early labor due to the death of Ted, but she sure proved him wrong, huh?

I still have trouble sleeping at night without you there to hold me. I guess I've gotten so used to your presence that it just feels wrong to sleep without you. Could you maybe send a shirt back or something that smells like you?

Last night was... Intense. I've edged myself for a week now and I finally let myself come last night. I thought of you and our first time. I still can't believe that's almost 2 years ago now. Time really do fly, yeah?

I miss you so much and every morning I wake up, I instinctively reach out to feel you, but you're never there. I need you so badly that I feel like I can feel the pain physically.

I love you.

Viola."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Dear Vi,

Things around here are also tense. Mum hates the fact that you are not under her roof. She's afraid Fleur doesn't feed you enough, even though I keep telling her about all those meals you tell me about. I wouldn't mind having a great meal made by Fleur and her french cuisine. Bill told me that she's excellent in the kitchen.

Last night, a pair of snatchers came by the house, but they were one of those dumb ones that had no idea that it was us residing in the house.

Muriel has officially cut off George and I from any inheritage. Unfortunately she mistaked a sugar cube for a fainting fancy. You should've have seen her, Vi, you would've laughed your delightful ass off.

I'm more than happy to hear that you've been spending time with Bill. He told us in his last letter about your afternoon where he showed you around the grounds. He also promised me to take extra care of you for me and I'm him grateful for that.

I wish we could've been stargazing too. I want nothing more than this to be over. I really hope that Harry has something up his sleeve soon, because living like this is hell.

I'm delighted to hear about your successful edging. If I recall correctly, you couldn't deny yourself that orgasm the last time, yeah? I think of you all the time and spend every minute wishing you were with me. I don't sleep well either - I miss your sleep talk, your slight humming and the way you always moan innocently when you finally drift off to sleep.

George says hi too and that he misses you as well. He has been studying a lot in that book you gave him. He's pooping out ideas and I can hardly keep up. I think he's doing it mostly to take my mind off you, but little does it help.