FIFTYNINE

When Wednesday rolled around, Viola was back at the apartment right after her last class at Hogwarts. Even though History of Magic was a really boring subject, she had gotten a lot of good response. Although, Viola suspected that Ginny had something to do with that.

Viola stepped out of the fireplace and found the apartment empty, which came as no surprise to her, since Fred and George were at work. They weren't going to the Burrows until 4, so Viola walked over to the kitchen to make tea.

As Viola sat by the dinner table and sipped on her warm tea, she heard a tapping from the window. She looked over and saw what looked like a paper plane, levitating outside the window. Confused, she got up from her chair and walked over to open the window and the paper plane flew in and landed on the table where it unfolded and revealed the quick message.

"Hey love - hope you've had a great day at work today. Just wanted to let you know to put on something nice for tonight for dinner.

Love you loads,
Fred."

As her eyebrows raised at the message, Viola looked out the window and noticed the big line outside of Fred and George's shop. It looked like they were rather busy, so for him to take the time and write a note for her, it must've been important to him.

With a sigh, Viola sat down at the table to finish her tea. She grabbed the days issue of The Daily Prophet and flipped through it to go over the vacant houses and apartments. Nothing really caught her eye that was suitable for her and Fred, so she decided to close the newspaper once again. Right before she closed it, her eyes was caught by something.

"Lucius Malfoy presumed dead.

It has now been 2 months since Lucius Malfoy, former death eater and ministry worker, vanished. There has been no clues as to where he could be, so the aurors has now presumed Lucius to be dead.

We still can't get a comment from Lucius' wife and son, but Dawlish, the auror, has debunked any theories that they could be responsible for Lucius' disappearance."

Viola gulped as her eyes read over the very short article once again. It was well known that the Malfoys weren't faithful to Voldemort in the end, and ever since Harry had told everyone that Narcissa Malfoy actually had had a big part of saving his life and bring Voldemort to an end, Viola's vision on the Malfoys had changed.

Without thinking much of it, she grabbed a parchment, some ink and a quill and began scribbling down a few words.

"Dear Draco.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. How are you doing? I know it must have been a hard couple of months ever since the battle, but if you ever want to meet and catch up, let me know, yeah? I live with Fred and George, so you can reach me here.

Best regards,
Viola."

She called for Fred and George's owl, gave it the letter and sent it off. Viola figured she would keep this a secret from Fred for the time being. Her curiosity against what happened at Malfoy Manor had immensely grown ever since the first article came out about Lucius. And, even though she had fought it, she found herself thinking about Draco and how he was doing, so she sincerely hoped to hear back from Draco.

She watched as the owl grew smaller as it flew away and with a sigh, she released herself from the window and began walking towards the bathroom to shower and get ready for dinner. Apparently it was important to Fred that she would put on something nice, so she would do just that.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

As the warm water ran down her naked body, Viola closed her eyes and her mind began to wonder. She thought about Draco, Lucius and where he could be - if he really had disappeared and maybe died somewhere alone. Maybe even killed? Of course, someone out there would have it out for the surviving death eaters, but now that Voldemort was really gone, every single last faithful death eater was behind bars, she could hardly imagine who would go to such lengths to stoop to their level and actually kill someone.