Chapter twenty-two

When Tam dropped Sophie back at home, it was 5:00 pm.

She could've slept for eighteen hours again, but sadly for her, tomorrow was Monday.

Now I know why people hate mondays.

"Hey Sophie," Grady said when Sophie plopped down on on the couch.

"Hi Dad," she greeted.

"Why do you look so tired?" He asked.

"Base quest," she lied.

She hated lying to her parents so much, but until they were ready to know, Sophie would have to continue being the worst child ever.

"What's base quest?" Edaline asked when she came from the kitchen.

"It's a game that the Vackers introduced me to, it involves a lot of running."

"Oh, well dinners ready, would you like some?" Edaline asked.

Sophie groaned. She was so stuffed. Apparently the Black Swan likes to feed their members with food until they can barely walk. Because that's what happened.

She was fed pizza, Mac and cheese, the heavenly burgers she had the first time she trained at HQ, the best, but most filling, salad ever, and a smoothie that could have counted as a meal.
The
At the moment she felt as if she couldn't eat for a week.

"Sorry Edaline, but Della, Biana and Fitz's mom, really likes to stuff you with food."

"That's alright, you can have it for lunch tomorrow."

"Thank you."

Edaline went back into the kitchen, with Grady following behind.

Sophie dragged herself upstairs and into her room. She went into her bathroom and grimaced at her reflection.

She undressed and had a hot shower. When she got out she changed into a black knit sweater and black leggings.

She left her bathroom, trying to unknot the tangles in her hair with a brush.

Sophie plopped down on her bed and reached for her phone.

She tapped on the message icon and saw a message from an unknown number.

What the-

Hey Sophie, the message read, I haven't seen you at Starbucks lately. Don't you want your chai frappe? I made a new recipe, just for you.

Must be Greyson, Sophie thought. Darn it.

She decides not to answer, in case the message could be tracked. When did I start thinking like this?

She quickly pressed another name in her contacts.

Dex?

Hey Sophie.

Hey, ummmmm, how do you trace a message??

Why?

Cause I just got a text from that creepy Greyson guy at Starbucks who also happens to be a Neverseen member.

What did it say?

I think he's trying to get me to go back to Starbucks. He said something about making a new recipe for my chai cream frappe.

Yeah, probably one with a sedative in it. Did you answer?

No.

Good, don't. I'll come pick up your phone, I'll give it back tmw.