Chapter fifteen

The moment Sophie and her friends entered the school, awed looks spread across their faces as their eyes roamed the building.

Sophie couldn't help but smile.

She also noticed that all of the other students in the area were staring at them. Sophie even caught a few eyes on her.

Her friends were oblivious to it though, too occupied gawking at the fancy school. Though not fancy enough to make them wear uniforms, which Sophie was thankful for.

The first one to snap out of it was Tam, of course. He went to stand beside Sophie.

"Why is everyone staring at us?" he asked.

"I think you're causing the biggest stir," she told him, pointing to the group of girls shamelessly ogling him.

Tam pulled his bangs over his eyes which only made them swoon more.

A/N
Quote to Nightfall.

"Help me," he said.

"No can do. That's out of my abilities."

One by one, her friends snapped out of their awed state. Students stared at them, but no one made a move to talk to them.

Except one.

One who just had to be the one and only Stina Heks

Why did the world hate Sophie?

"Hey new kids," Stina said, looking at Fitz flirtatiously.

"You look like you will be popular, wanna ditch this dirt rag," she gestured to Sophie, "and hang with me."

Keefe stood beside Sophie and clenched his fists.

"I think that it's sick that you only want to hang out with us because we look popular," Biana said. "And Sophie is our friend so we're not going to ditch her."

Sophie smiled at her friend as they pushed past Stina.

"Thanks," Sophie said.

"No problem."

"Let's go get your schedules from the principals office."

Sophie led them down a hall to a door marked 'Principals office.'

She knocked on the door.

"Come in," said a lady's voice from inside.

Sophie cracked open the door and peeked in.

"Oh!" Exclaimed the lady with short black hair and green eyes sitting at the desk, Sophie sometimes thought her and Ms. Dwight were related. "Sophie come in."

She propped her head on her hands and looked at Sophie.

"What do you need? Find a special some yet?"

Sophie looked down and blushed.
"No."

Her and Principal Dassil had an interesting relationship. They had conversations regularly and sometimes went out for coffee.

Another reason to make fun of Sophie. She's friends with the principal.

"Yes you have!" Keefe said and walked into the office, followed by the rest of her friends. He draped an arm around her shoulders and smirked.

He chuckled as Sophie shoved him away.

"Seems like you have indeed," Principal Dassil said.

"No. No I haven't. This is Keefe, Biana, Fitz, Linh, Tam, Marella and Dex," Sophie pointed at each of her friends. "Their the new students here. We came to get their schedules."