Chapter nineteen

A/N
Guys! It's January, and I'm back. I want to thank you guys for over 1k reads it's so amazing!!!!!. And I saw that some of you were adding this story to Sophitz stories. Didn't I just explain in Taking a break that this was not going to be a Sophitz story? Anyways...
Here is the first chapter of 2021!

Crap.

Was the first thing Sophie thought as Keefe dragged her into the healing centre at FoxFire.

"Why are we here?" Sophie asked.

"Because this is where one of our physicians work," Keefe said in a "duh" tone.

"But the physician here is Elwin and he can't be your-," Sophie cut herself off when she saw the silly doctors standing beside a cot.

"Sophie!" He greeted. "Gotten another injury have you?"

"It's not my fault," Sophie told him.

"I know," he chuckled. "It never is. Now sit."

Sophie shakily followed his instructions and sat down on the cot.

She had been to the healing centre countless times, and every time she felt the same.

Sophie's breath caught in her throat as Keefe leaned in to whisper in her ear.

"You'll be fine."

Sophie nodded and watched as Keefe left her all alone with the nice but scary doctor.

She exhaled.

"You should know well enough that I don't do anything with needles," Elwin said.

Sophie nodded again.

"Oh, and I heard you should the order. Congrats!"

"Thanks."

"Okay, now what happened?"

"I, uh, ran to close to fire?"

Sophie was suddenly aware of the stinging all over her body.

"Good enough,"Elwin chuckled.

Elwin went into his private lab and Sophie could hear him rummaging through his many elixirs.

"Got it!" He called after a few minutes.

He walked back out, holding a bottle with yellowy-brown pulp inside.

Sophie made a face.

"Don't worry,you don't have to drink it," Elwin assured her. "But you might not want to know what's in it. Can you tell me where your burns are?"

"Mostly my arms and my legs, and my face."

"Okay."

Elwin poured some of the bottles contents onto his hand and rubbed both of his hands together. He spread the pulp all over both of her arms.

Sophie grimaced.

"Oh come on, you can't even smell it," Elwin said.

"But I can feel it and it feels nasty," Sophie told him.

"Well it helps you so get over it," he teased.

Sophie rolled her eyes.

"I will let you run it over your legs and face, cause I'm guessing you won't want me to."

Elwin handed her the bottle and went into his office.

Sophie looked at her burned legs and suddenly felt self conscious even though no one was there.