Chapter sixteen

"Ugh, school sucks!" Keefe whined. "I don't understand how you survive, Foster."

"I actually don't even need to survive. I could just walk right out of here and get a job. The only reason I haven't left yet is because my parents want me to graduate from my junior year. And now because of the Black Swan."

Sophie and her friends were sitting at a lunch table in the cafeteria eating burgers. One great thing about FoxFire is that they have great food.

"Can I do that?" Keefe asked.

"Nope," Sophie told him.

"What if we switch minds?"

"I'll gladly cut your head open," Tam said, a tiny bit evilly.

"You're scary," Biana said.

Tam shrugged.

"So how was everyone's day?" Fitz asked.

"Pretty good for me," Dex answered. "The math teacher was having trouble with his projector, so I had to fix it and spend most of the class fixing other things for him. I didn't even have to listen to the lesson."

"Glad you had such a great morning," Marella said sarcastically. "As for I. I was stuck sitting beside this creepy drooling kid. He wouldn't stop staring at me. I think his name is Valin or something. And lucky me, he's in all of my classes so far!"

"Sorry. That must be bad," Linh consoled, then jumped into her story. "My art teacher brought her eighteen year old son to class. He was teaching us how to make light look real in a painting. His name is Wylie."

"That's cool," Keefe told her. "But as you might have gotten already. My day was horrible. I have almost all of my classes with that Stina girl. All day. I know that because she pointed it out to me by breathing her rotten breath in my ear."

"Awwww," Biana fake cooed. "Poor Keefie is stuck with devil face. So anyways, my morning was fine. Though I may have prevented the boys in all my classes from learning."

"What does that mean?" Fitz asked.

"Nothing."

"Whatever. What about you Tam?"

"Boring," Tam said simply, and grumpily.

"Okayyyy," Fitz said. "Well I had a pretty good day. Nothing really happened though. What about you Soph?"

"It was boring. Though I did argue with a guy named Jack Hermit about his girlfriend."

"Why do you always fight with the boys Sophie?"  Biana asked. "You're going to drive them away and you'll never get a boyfriend."

"I don't want one."

"Yes you do."

"You can insist. But it's not true."

"You're so boring. I want a boyfriend," Biana whined.

"I'm so surprised," Sophie said sarcastically.

Biana glared at her.

The group quickly finished their food and decided to wander around the halls until the bell rang.

"Have you seen anything suspicious?" Fitz asked Sophie.

"No. But it's only the first day. I'm sure we'll find something eventually."