Chapter forty-four

It was the next day after school and the girls were at their dress fitting. They were sat in the lobby, waiting for the woman to be done with her current appointment. Biana had not told them what their dresses looked like yet, it was always a surprise with her.

"I'm so excited, this is my first dance!" Biana said, grinning.

"It's all of our first dances, besides Sophie," Marella pointed out.

"Actually this is my first dance as well," Sophie told them.

"Really?" Biana asked. "Why would you miss out?"

"I never saw the point. Couples dancing around  in fancy clothes for hours. Not really my scene," she shrugged. Sophie also didn't have a date or any friends to go with, but she wasn't about to admit her patheticness.

"But-" Biana began to protest but Linh cut her off.

"Not everyone has to be into that stuff, it's not my idea of 'The Night of My Life' either." She told her.

Sophie flashed a smile towards her black haired friend. "Exactly."

Just then a woman walked out of a door at the back of the lobby. She had wavy brown hair that was put up in a ponytail with two perfect strands framing her face. Her eyes were a beautiful ocean blue that shined like crystals when the sun reflected off of them. Her jeans and tucked-in T-shirt hugged her petite frame in all the right places, giving her a model look.

"Hello, my name is Vanessa, I believe one of you is Biana?"

"That would be me," Biana spoke up.

"Fantastic, if you could follow me to the back room please?"

They followed Vanessa through the door that she had came out of, flashing small excited smiles at each other.

Inside, the room was circular with curtains on either side for changing. In the centre was a small hexagonal platform with a large mirror covering the entire wall in front of it. Off to the side was long couch with a bunch of huge white bags hanging beside it, Sophie assumed they were holding the dresses.

"Okay, who would like to go first?" Vanessa asked.

Biana raised her hand.

"Great, how about you go as well dear?" She gestured to Marella.

"Okay." She shrugged.

"What's your name sweetheart?"

"Marella."

"Marella," Vanessa repeated, digging through the white bags. "Ah, here you are." She pulled out a bag with Marellas name on it and handed it to her. She need the same the Biana. "You go in this changing room and you go in this one. Let me know if you need help."

They both nodded and disappeared behind the curtains.

Linh and Sophie both sat on the couch, talking about how excited they were to see the dresses on their friends. Vanessa had to go help Marella a few times, but she got it eventually. Within a few minutes they were done.

"Ready?" Biana called.

"Yes," Sophie and Linh said in unison.

And they walked out. Sophie and Linh immediately gasped.

Bianas: