Chapter thirty-one

Sophie listened as the Vackers van drove off, still thinking about what Keefe meant. Maybe he meant that he'd be taking over for Tam while his leg was healing. That would make the most sense.

She layer back on her bed, feeling utterly bored.

"Mooooommmm!!!!" Sophie yelled.

"Yes Sophie!" Edaline called back.

"I'm bored!"

"Okay! I'll be up in a second!"

A few seconds later, Edaline ran up the stairs carrying her laptop and peeked her head threw the doorway. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure," Sophie told her and scooted over to make room for her mother.

Edaline climbed into her bed and placed the laptop in between them. "What do you want to watch?" Sophie asked.

"Let's see," her mom said.

Edaline clicked on the Netflix icon and scrolled through the movies Netflix suggested to her. A few caught Sophie's eye, but one really caught her attention. "What about that one?" She pointed at one, it had a group of friends on the cover in spy suits. It reminded her of her own life.

"Okay," Edaline clicked on it and read the description.

"A group of friends went out one night, several hours into their fun night out they discovered that they were being followed. They ran into an alley where they found a trap door. They climbed into it and found a man there who told them about there strange legacy and recruited them into a secret organization called 'The Protection'. Where will this new life lead them.

"That seems good, okay." Edaline pressed play and they sat back and enjoyed the movie.

Sophie was amazed at how similar her life to the movie. There were eight friends, just like in her group. Something happens to one of their parents and someone in the group is blamed for it. Like Sophie. The creepy emo kid gets hurt, like Tam. Him and the jokesters knock heads, like Tam and Keefe.  But they also fight against a rival organization.

The movie ends with a good ending of course. Sophie hoped her story ended like that.

"That was nice," Sophie said, leaning on her moms shoulder.

"It was," Edaline yawned.

"We should do this more often," Sophie told her mom.

She nodded in agreement. "Maybe you should invite your friends to a movie night."

"Maybe."

A few seconds later, Edaline fell asleep with her head on Sophie's. Tempted by the dreams that called her, Sophie soon fell asleep as well.

She woke up a little bit later, but instead of being in her bed, she was back in the meadow, laying on her back, and looking up at the gorgeous sunset.

Sophie pulled herself to her feet and looked around at the beautiful tall grass and the weeping willows scattered across the land.

She took a few steps forward, letting her hands graze the top of the grass.

She took in the view for a few minutes before deciding to wonder how she got there.

Sophie didn't remember anything after falling asleep next to Edaline. She didn't know how she got there, but she must've not come alone, and if she did, Tam would at least be watching her from somewhere. Right?

"Tam!" She yelled.

Her voice echoed across the sky.

"Tam?" Sophie called again. Then she realized, Tam was injured, so Keefe would be watching over her now.