Chapter thirty-four

When Sophie's feet hit the ground, lightening bolts shot up her legs. She gasped as the shock of the pain made her eyes flash with white. She lost her balanced and crashed to the floor. The pain from the shot that was stabbed into her neck mixed with the pain as she hit the ground was almost way too much to handle.

Sophie struggled to breath as throat constricted and her heart pounded against her chest. She began to take short breathes until she felt her throat loosen enough for her to take deep breaths. Her heart rate regulated as some of the pain subsided. Most of  it was still there, but it became number and number as her body adjusted.

The Neverseens physician yanked Sophie up by her arm and another shot of pain bolted up to her shoulder. "If your going to do this to me, I might as well know your name." The blood-faced man ignored her as he pulled her towards a metal door. He opened the door and shoved her out of the room into another pair of arms.

Sophie looked up and saw two cloaked figures. The one who caught her, balanced her and led her down a long hallway. Another Neverseen member walked beside them. Sophie noticed something she had not before on their sleeve. A circle with a white eye inside of it.

That must be their symbol. She thought to herself.

Sophie let them lead her through a door and onto a stage. Standing below were hundreds of people in black cloaks. Her heart sunk as she realized that she had never seen that many Blacks swan members.

If this is how much people she was going up against, she wasn't sure if she'd ever escape.

The Neverseen member next to her lowered their hood. If Sophie's face could drop any lower, it would have. Gisela stepped forward and addressed the crowd.

"Neverseen! Today, we have achieved what we have being trying to do for the past months!" Keefe's evil mother announced. The crowd cheered. "The Moonlark is in our possession! And now we can finally take down the people killing our peace!"

Sophie's mouth went dry and her body froze as every cloaked figure turned towards her. They all screamed and cheered as Gisela brought out a silver wand-looking-thing with a crystal on top.

"This is a representation of what we will do to the Black swan."

Gisela stood in front of her and aimed the wand thing at her chest. Sophie squirmed and tried to escape from the hands holding her in place.

Suddenly there was a flash of light and electricity burned through her veins. Sophie's head split as she fell to ground, writhing in pain.

She gasped for breath and said silent curses to everyone of the Neverseen members.

"Weak!" Gisela spat. "Take her away!"

Sophie's eyes blinded with pain and rage as someone grabbed her leg and began to pull her out of the door.

"Let me go," she rasped.

The figure did not respond.

They went over a bump and Sophie winced as something cut into her back. Her eyes cleared and she saw that she was in a room with stone walls and a singular metal chair in the centre of it. The room was cold, and the air felt sharp, like it hurt to take deep breaths.

The man yanked Sophie to her feet and shoved her into the chair. He brought out a black square, like the one the doctor had, and pressed the button in the middle of it. Bonds clasped tightly around her wrists and ankles.

The Neverseen member left her in the room alone, and a few seconds later the doctor walked in, holding a syringe.

"No," she whispered, "not again. Please!" She screamed and thrashed, fighting for as long as she could until the man grabbed her face and stabbed the needle into her neck.

Again, fire coursed through her veins and blinded her. Knives stabbed at her lungs, making it even harder to breath properly. But Sophie was determined not to lose consciousness. Her body screamed for the relief of sleep, Sophie's mind fought and fought, but she couldn't hold on for long.

Her mind slipped into the madness of her dreams as her body went limp.

———————————————

Sophie slipped back into consciousness and only saw darkness. It took her a minute to realize that she was blindfolded.

She tried to channel strength into her arms and legs to break the bonds. Sophie was certain that if she had more time she could have broken them, but she heard the door open before she had the chance.

"She's awake," Sophie heard someone say.

"Should we question her?" A scratchy deep voice asked.

"No, wait for the boss. Drug her," said the first man's voice.

Sophie tensed as she expected a needle to be shoved into her neck once again, but instead a cloth covered her mouth and she inhaled the sweetness of the sedative.

It clouded her mind and soothed her, so much different than what she was given before. She was thankful. Sophie relaxed as the cloth was removed from over her mouth and she drifted back to sleep.

————————————

Sophie woke up and felt an immediate change in temperature. This room, or what she thought was a room, was warm and musky.

She tried to break her bonds again, but when she felt like she was getting close, the bonds began to feel hot and sear her ankles and wrists. Sophie winced as she stopped struggling. Again, she heard a door open.
The Neverseen had some impeccable timing.

"Ah, she tried to escape." Said a husky woman's voice. "Put her under again."

Seriously? Couldn't she be awake for a little bit, Sophie thought as she was sucked into a deep slumber.

———————————

This time Sophie woke up in a room that felt like a sauna. Sweat dripped from her skin as she waited for the door to open. In some ways the room was relaxing. The steamy air soothing her bruised bones.

When the door didn't open after a bit, Sophie stretched her wrists and ankles until they cracked satisfyingly. She began to restrain against the bonds on her wrists. This time, they didn't burn her, but they cut into her skin anyways.

She fought against the pain and channeled as much strength into her arms as she could. After a bit they gave in and the bonds ripped away. She took off her blindfold and looked around. She was in a sauna. But more of an uncomfortable metal box instead of a relaxing room.

"Yes!" Sophie breathed in relief.

She began to fight against her ankle bonds, but she heard the keys outside of the door. No! Not now!

Sophie channeled every last bit of her strength into her legs until her whole body started to shake from the strain. Please! She pleaded as the door unlocked.

She begged her mind to pull out some crazy burst of strength an energy, but there was no point. The door opened and the Neverseen walked in.

But instead of freaking out that she had ripped her wrist bonds and insisted on drugging her again, they asked one simple question.

"Where is she?"

A/N

1216 words!

Hey guys! Happy New Year! Wow 2021 went by fast.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, have a good year!

😄♥️😈-kayTam87