viii

i spent the majority of my day running a few errands. i went to the grocery store to pick up a few items and stopped next door, the liquor store, to grab a bottle of merlot for tonight. i silently prayed that he liked wine.

as i walked down the sidewalk, i remembered jahseh chasing me and i smiled to myself. it was in those moments that i felt completely care free. i could lose myself in his presence and let go of the world around me. he brought out a different side of me that i hadn't known before, but to be honest, i enjoyed it.

i enjoyed him.

i arrives at the apartment complex and stepped inside the elevator. punched in my floor number and waited patiently until i reached my floor. i felt butterflies in my stomach every time the elevator inched closer to my apartment. despite being upset with jahseh this morning, i couldn't wait to see him again.

it was no secret that we were both into each other. we didn't need any verbal confirmation to assure us that we were feeling the same way as we kissed on the rooftop or when we stared into each other's eyes. it was a silent connection that i could only hope was being transmitted both ways.

i reached my floor and began walking down the hallway to my door. i reached my door and stepped inside. i checked the clock; 6:46. i decided to take a shower to kill some of the extra time. i had no idea when jahseh had planned on coming over, but i had expected it to be later.

i walked to my bathroom and began undressing. i stepped into the shower and turned on the water. the water hit my back like tiny bullets as u stood under the stream. i ran my fingers through my hair, trying to remove any knots or tangles. i thoroughly washed my hair and body, and then stepped out of the warmth of the shower. i wrapped a towel around my body and headed back to my room.

i began to sort through underwear and clothes. i felt like i wanted to look nice for jahseh, even though we were just probably going to stay inside all night. i grabbed a matching set of black underwear and picked out a lacy crop tip and ripped black jeans. i slipped on the items and went back to the living room to wait.

about an hour later, i heard three knocks on my door that i assumed were jahseh. i scurried to the door and hastily unlocked it. as soon as the door was open jahseh embraced me in a hug. i smiled to myself and breathed him in. he smelled of cigarettes and cologne; a combination i had never found compelling before this moment. he broke the hug and rested his hands on my shoulders.

"hey cynthia," he said. his voice was raspy and smokey. he wore an opened black jean jackets with a sweatshirt under it and, of course, the usual black ripped jeans and air forces. i could have melted right then and there.

"hey jahseh," i said as i smiled at him and led him inside.

i sat on the sofa with my legs tucked underneath me and he sat next to me, his arm propped up on the back of the sofa.

"how was the studio?" i asked curiously. he hadn't told me much about his music or what he did. i only knew that he was a rapper.

"it was good, really good actually. got a few new songs done." he answered happily. i enjoyed seeing how excited he got when he talked about his music.

"thats great jahseh, i cant wait to hear them" i told him happily. ha gave me a smile. he began brushing his finger up and down the side of my arm. i was trying to stay focused on hum, but i just couldn't seem to. i knew he was trying to get me worked up and it was working. i stared at his gave as his eyes seemed to darken.

"as i much as i love talking about my music, i'm right her now mamas." he said with a smirk. i felt goosebumps cover my arms and he continued to stroke up and down my arms. my brain was going a mile a minute but i felt like i couldn't speak.

"come here" he said, patting his lap. his voice was almost like a growl. i suddenly felt a burst of confidence as i slowly crawled over to him and sat on his lap, straddling him. he looked me up and down and placed his hands on my hips. i wrapped my arms around his neck as he began kissing my face. i giggled a little as he places little kisses on my cheeks and forehead.

i don't know what had gotten into me or why i let him continue. instead of stopping him, i began kissing along his jawline. i heard him hum as i continued kissing him. i felt him begin to play around with the bottom of my shirt before he slipped his hands underneath it. i pulled away from kissing him,

"jahseh, not here," i said, completely overwhelmed by everything that was happening. he placed his hands underneath my butt and lifted me up as he stood up. i wrapped my legs around his torso as he carried me to my bedroom. he placed me down onto the bed and climbed on top of me. his dreads tickled around my face causing me to laugh as be began kissing in my neck and in my collarbones. i felt him pull my shirt up and i sat up a little bit to help him take it off.

"i fucking adore you, cynthia" he growled in my ear, causing me to shiver. his voice sent chills down my body. he seemed amused by my reaction which only gave him more motivation to continue. i gently pulled on the bottom of his shirt until he broke away from kissing my chest to take it off. the few gold necklaces he always had scattered around his neck gently touched my chest.

"jahseh..." i breathed. he took my breath away with every love he made. every kiss he planted in my body.

"tell me what you want, princess" he whispered in my ear.

"i want you, jahseh" i said to him. my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest.

"bad, bad girl..." he said as he traced his finger tip down my chest. he smirked as he said, " your wish is my command."

the bottle of wine i had bought earlier went completely untouched that night.