xxv

jahseh's pov

i woke up before cynthia and quietly slipped out from underneath the covers. i quickly attempted to put on my jeans as quietly as i could and exited the bedroom. it was the middle of the night; i didn't want to wake her up. she's had a long day.

as i walked out of our door, i heard someone shuffling down in the kitchen; probably ski's fat ass. he always got hungry early in the morning. despite my assumption, i was surprised when i walked down the steps and saw april in the kitchen, rooting through cabinets. she stopped when she heard the step creak underneath my foot.

"oh, hey x," she laughed nervously. i don't think i've ever had a one on one conversation with april. i guess today, or rather tonight, would be the first.

"wassup april...why are you still up?" i asked her. i wasn't sure how early it was but you could still see the moon shining through the windows.

"i should be asking you the same question," she replied.

i shrugged, "fair enough." i walked over to the island in the kitchen leaning on it, facing april.

"i can't remember where you guys put the spoons," she mumbled as she continued searching through various cabinets.

"upper right," i replied. she opened up the right cabinet and quickly grabbed a spoon. i hadn't realized she had set up a bowl of cereal on the table. she immediately began eating the cereal as i leaned there, staring out the windows. the windows overlooked the immense amount of lights shining from the city.

all i could do was stare.

"you okay, jah?" april asked me.

"yeah, just tired, thats all. cynthia is sleeping," i said quietly. i don't know why i had the sudden urge to come down here. i felt exhausted.

"she always talks about you, you know?" she mentioned, taking a bite of her cereal.

"all good things, i hope," i chuckled, moving my hair out of my face.

"they're always amazing this. she adores you," she giggled lightly, setting her bowl down. i felt a weird feeling in my stomach and when i heard that; she adores me. sure, i had plenty of people who claimed to adore me. fans practically begged me to sleep with them, but this was so much different.

to hear that the feelings that i had been feeing towards this girls for the last two months were being reciprocated felt unreal. i caught myself smiling to myself until april coughed slightly. before i could respond, april held her finger up as a way of signaling she wasn't finished.

"cynthia has always been very...secluded from most people. it takes her a while to open up, especially to guys. just...don't hurt her please." she continued softly.

"i'll try my best," i said, smiling slightly at the ground.

"speak of the devil," april whispered, tapping my shoulder and quickly pointing at the staircase. at the top, looking over the balcony, was a sleepy cynthia. she stretched her arms out above her hear before stepping down the staircase slowly. she immediately walked over to the both of us, smiling slightly.

"hey april, hey jahseh," she said sleepily.

"i'm gonna head back to bed, get some sleep love birds," she laughed before heading back upstairs. cynthia immediately buried her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my torso.

"hey, sleepy head," i said, petting the top of her head. she simply hummed in response, keeping her face pressed against my chest.

"why are you awake?" i asked her softly.

"it was cold without you," she mumbled.

"why don't we go back to bed, baby?" i whispered. i didn't want to make too much noise; the rest of the boys were sleeping upstairs still.

"are you gonna stay in bed this time?" she asked, looking up at me with a knowing look on her face. even in this darkness, she was one of the most beautiful women i had ever seen. the way the pale moonlight danced across her cheekbones and illuminated her eyes, entrancing me.

she had me wrapped around her finger.

"i promise not to leave you," i laughed.

"good, i need the warmth," she said quietly.

"is that all i'm good for? am i just your personal heater?" i asked in a fake offended tone.

"pretty much," she mumbled, cracking a smile.

"you're gonna get it in the morning," i told her.

"try me, bitch," she replied.

"that's it," i said, leaning down and picking her up over my shoulder. she made a squeak type noise and started hitting on my back.

"jah what the fuck, put me down!" she said way too loud for this early in the morning.

"shhhhh people are sleeping, love. wouldn't want to give them the wrong idea would we," i said smirking, even though she couldn't wee my face.

"whatever," she mumbled. i walked slowly up the steps, holding her legs tightly as her body laid draped over my shoulder. i walked to our bedroom and set her down on the bed. she immediately crawled under the covers and looked up at me with a smile. i walked over ti the other side and slipped under the covers, sliding in close to her. she wrapped her arms around my torso and tucked her head in against my chest. i hummed slightly and rubbed her back.

"jahseh?" she whispered.

"yes, love?" i responded.

"i don't and think i've ever been this happy before," she said lightly.

i chuckled slightly, "and why's that?" i asked.

"i'm not really sure. i've never felt this comfortable around someone before, it's weird," she said. i simply smiled and ran my hand through her hair. she shut her eyes and smiled at me.

"thank you for everything you've done for me, jshseh," she said softly.

"it's my pleasure, cynthia," i replied, placing a light kiss on the too of her head before shutting my eyes.