51

Cynthia's pov

"what are you doing jah?" I whined as I covered my face with my hands. jahseh sat in front of me, his phone pointed in my direction as he snapped pictures.

"you look prettyyyyy." he said softly as he snapped another picture of me with my face in my hands.

"ugh, stop it jahseh." I laughed, pretending to be frustrated with him.

"never." he teased. throwing a quick wink in my direction.

"can you guys shut the fuck up?" im trying to enjoy my day and not sit through this sappy shit." ski said from across the room, causing wifi to laugh.

"you just mad cause April aint texting your ass back" jahseh snapped back at him.

"mane whatever. I had another bitch over last night anyway. she  was sexy blasia-" ski was cut off by jahseh.

" I don't really give a fuck." jahseh cut him off quickly. I sat there and laughed at their "argument". they always pretended to be angry with each other but deep down I knew they needed each other. they were so dependent on each other that even when they were genuinely mad at each other, they could never stay mad for long.

although on the outside I seemed perfectly okay, deep down I was still in shock over last night. I can't believe me in jah finally made up, but I don't know why because I had been waiting on this moment. I had missed him so much and just wanted things to be the same again

" fuck..." he mumbled as he broke a scrunch trying to put his hair up.

"do you need help?" I asked, giggling lightly.

"I would greatly appreciate it." he cracked a light smile at me.

I gently grabbed the section of hair he was trying to put up and began running my fingers through his locs. he watched me intently as I brought a section of hair into a ponytail. I tied it up quickly with my scrunch he has placed into my hand and gently let go of it with a smile. 

"what would you do without me?" I asked him with a giggle.

"I have no clue." he grinned.

jahseh's face had progressively gotten better which helped relieve some of he stress and trauma I had left over from gustav. now all that remained was a thin scab over where gustav had sliced through his skin. he played it off like it was okay but I knew deep down he saw the scab as a constant reminder of him

three sharp knocks could be heard on the door, causing us all to divert our attention towards the noise. ski immediately jumped out of his seat next to wifi and ran to the door, he opened it quickly, revealing April.

she looked exactly like I had remember her looking. her thick dark hair grazed her shoulders and she worse loose fitted jeans with a tube top. she placed a light kiss on ski's lips before turning her attention toward the living room.

and then she saw me.

she instantly cracked a huge smile when she saw me, causing her to run over to me and practically tackle me in a hug.

I missed her so much. 

" its been way too long." she sighed as she held onto me tightly.

"I agree." I told her. she let go of me and stared at my face, her smiling never faltering. she quickly took a seat next to me, jahseh on the other side of me simply grinning happily at the sight of our reunion. 

"how have you been?" she asked suddenly.

"well..." I looked over to jahseh with an unsure look on my face and he smiled and nodded at me as a way to say "you got this".

"jahseh and ski have been keeping me updated on how you've been but I want to hear it from you. despite how you've been distant, I've been trying my best to make sure you're okay." she said kindly as she gently placed her hand on top of mine.

"im definitely getting better. slowly, but surely. its still a lot to deal with and sometimes it doesn't even feel real, but ill eventually come to grips with what happened between me and gustav." I told her. she gave me a sympathetic smile.

"everything takes time to heal." she told me.

I think that's all I really needed: time.

"you're right. plus they have been absolutely amazing by letting me back in. I don't know what I would do without them." I said.

" so I've heard. jahseh always talks about you now..." she said, throwing jahseh a little smirk . 

"well, this reunion has been nice, but we should do something." April states, standing up and adjusting her skirt.

"and what would that be?" ski asked.

"dinner on me?" she asked. we all looked at each there and nodded.

"I know the perfect place." she smiled as she walked towards the door. we all followed her, jahseh standing beside me and ski running up to walk next to April. wifi walked with coolie outside and to the car.

it felt like it used to be: just a group of friends going out and having a good time. perhaps this was the best type of remedial medicine. I needed time with the people I truly loved in order to overcome this. if I planned on getting over this anytime soon, I would have to step out more and  actually interact with people. being cooed up in a room wrapped in blankets is nice and all but its definitely secludes you off from society. this was exactly what I needed.

throughout the night I had enjoyed myself enough that I didn't even care to check my shine when it buzzed in my pocket.

I didn't need that reminder.

all I needed was them.