iii

there was something about jahseh that captivated me. there was a part of me that wanted to sit with him for hours and dig through his mind. there was also another part of me that knew he was bad news.

bad news or not, i wanted to see him again.

i walked over to my sofa and sat in the spot he had sat in a few moments ago. it was still warm from his body heat. i propped my feet onto the coffee table and noticed a small piece of paper that hadn't been there this morning

i grabbed it and read it, it was a phone number. the phone number looked as if it was quickly scribbled and underneath it said "text me - jah". i smiled to myself and grabbed my phone, adding him into my contacts. i decided to text my best friend, april. i was tired of sitting in my apartment, i wanted to have some fun.

wanna go out tonight hoe?

she quickly responded:
you already know it bitch, i have the perf place. ill be over at 7. be ready.

periodt see you then 😚

i was suddenly a lot more excited for today. it was 3:00 now. i had time. i walked up to my room and decided to put on some music. i remembered that jahseh said he made music, so i chose his song "catch". i walked to my closet and began sorting through dresses as the music began to play through my speakers.

jahseh's voice was sexy. i found myself standing in awe just listening to him rap. a part of me even imagined him rapping that to me. now thats a thought.

i settled on a tight red dress with thin straps. it went down to about upper mid thigh. i grabbed a pair of strappy red heels. looking at the time; 4:37, i decided to start doing my hair. i began loosely curling it while another one of jahseh's songs, king of the dead, played through my speakers. the song was very dark, but i was really into it. it made me feel badass in a way. it took me around 45 minutes to do my hair, mainly because i burnt the fuck out of my finger and had to grab ice for it.

i changed out of my t shirt and socks and sipped on the red dress. i turned around in the mirror and looked at myself. "my ass look fat as fuck" i said out loud.

i grabbed my heels and put them on. i decided on light makeup. i put on some mascara and some lipgloss. finally satisfied with my fit, i went downstairs to wait for april.

april arrived at 7:00 like she had said. she greeted me at her car with a giant hug.

"girl you look gorgeous, it's been so long!" she said

"april, girl please, you look fine as hell." i replied. she lightly hit my arm and giggled. she had beautiful curly black shoulder length hair. her lips where full and her smile was flawless.

"enough of this, we have some partying to do!" she exclaimed. she rushed over to the driver's seat as i climbed into the passenger side. she began driving to whatever club she had planned on taking us; she insisted that it stay secret.

i was beyond excited. amidst college and massive amounts of studying. i could not wait to just relax and drink away my stress.

we pulled up to a busy looking club. people were pouring into the place, it must have been a pretty popular place.

we walked up to the entrance, showed our ids and entered the club. i was immediately met by the smell of booze and the sound of booming music. april and i walked over to the bar and we both ordered a whiskey and coke. we sat down and quickly drank. i felt myself loosen up every sip i took.

once we were finished, april grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. we pushed our way through until a boy with a fade came up to april and asked her to dance. she looked at me sympathetically, but eventually left with him.

i was left alone in the middle of the dance floor, but i couldn't care. i was there to have fun. i danced alone for a few moments before i felt a pair of hands snake around my waist. i decided to go with it. their hands roughly grabbed my waist. their chest was pressed against my back as i was practically grinding against them.

i could feel the person bend down as they whispered in my war,

"i like this side of you." i immediately recognized his voice. i turned around,

"jahseh?" i had not expected to find him here. he was wearing a gucci shirt. his hair was messy in his face and he wore black jeans. he smirked at me and grabbed my waist, pulling me closer.

"come with me."

he grabbed my hand and led me to a booth in the corner. he said he was going to go get is drinks, so i say there for a few minutes left with my own thoughts. he came back with two other guys and april, as well as the drinks. i looked at her confused, but she just shrugged and sat down next to the boy with a fade from earlier. the other boy had long pink hair.

i smiled at him and he smiled back. he seemed friendly. jahseh passed out the drinks and sat next to me, grabbing my side and pulling me closer to him. he rested his hand on my thigh, softly tracing circles on the skin right beneath the bottom of my dress.

"fuck i forgot to introduce you guys, this is cynthia," he stated to everyone at the table. "thats stokeley, but we call him ski," he pointed at the boy with a fade. stokeley waved at me and i waved back. jahseh pointed to the other boy, "that's coolie, he's annoying as hell."

"what the fuck bruh?" coolie said to jahseh. jahseh just laughed, "it's a joke foo pipe tf down." i laughed at their interactions.

we all dispersed into our own conversations while jahseh was getting very touchy. he kept touching my thigh and arm as i sipped my drink. i smirked up at him and he looked down innocently. i shook my head and looked over towards april. she seemed so enthralled with stokeley. i guess i wasn't getting a ride home from her tonight. as if he read my mind, jahseh whispered in my ear,

"i can call an uber for us if you want?" i nodded and he pulled out his phone. after he had ordered the uber, we finished our drinks. jahseh grabbed my hand and led me outside into the uber

i couldn't help but wonder, what was i getting myself into?