xlviii

jahseh's pov

"fuuuuuck..." i mumbled as i traced my finger over the gash in the side of my face. it had scabbed over last night but it was still sore to the touch. he really fucked up my face, but im pretty sure the damage i did to him was much more substantial than what he did to me.

i checked my face in the mirror one last time making sure i didn't have any remnants of last night's "activities" before stepping out. cynthia sat on the floor across from the door on her phone. she stood up once i came out.

"everything okay?" she asked. she looked adorable today: she wore one of my oversized sweatshirts as a dress, a blue coat, and her white boots. of course i couldn't tell her that; that was off limits. i needed to watch myself.

"yeah, just a little sore." i laughed slightly. she frowned slightly as she glanced
over the marks on my face.

"im okay, dont worry." i assured her. i could see the doubt and worry in her eyes.

"i know, it just hurts me to see you like this."
she mumbled.

we ended up staying up most of last night just simply talking. she explained to me that she explained to me that she really needed that alone time for a few hours and she said she felt a lot more comfortable after facing her own thoughts during that time, which made me extremely happy. i knew wasn't fully recovered from the situation but her slowly coming to grips with what happened is definitely a huge step in the right direction.

although it might take a while for cynthia to heal from gustav, or relationship was definitely healing rapidly. she had become so much more comfortable around me; it was almost like we never split up. that is, we just weren't romantic at all. sure, there was definitely some tension as we lay in bed, reminiscing silently on what we used to do throughout those endless nights that i never wanted to end. i knew she felt that tension too. it was quite evident through her awkward silence.

i honestly couldn't even if i was ready to let cynthia back in. sure, i missed her like hell. i missed holding her at night and kissing her soft lips. i missed how she would laugh at my stupid jokes and would make me some sort of pasta after i would come home from the studio. she knew i loved it. i knew everything she loved too and i assure you im the only one who knows. no one else truly deserved to know.

"what's the plan for today, jah? she asked, sitting down on the sofa and stretching her legs out. she seemed like she was in a good mood today.

" not sure, any ideas?" i asked her, sitting down on a chair across from the sofa. i played with one of my dreads as i watched her think over my question.

"hmmmmmm... wanna go shopping?" she asked, a small smirk teasing her lips.

"shopping?" i questioned.

"yeah, i haven't gone in so long and you need new pants anyway." she laughed. she always nagged to me about my damn pants.

"says the girl who's not even wearing pants." i teased.

"oh shut up ." she huffed.

"im just playing, let's go." i laughed as i stood up from the chair. she stood up after me and we both headed out to my car.

she stuck close to my side as we walked down the stretch of shops. she'd occasionally nudge my side and motion towards a store she wanted to go in. i could tell she was uncomfortable but she was fighting through it, which made me proud. she was really trying to overcome this.

we walked into a small store and angeline immediately began looking through racks of clothes. i sat on a small bench by the fitting room, simply scrolling through my phone as she sorted through item after item, the metal hangers clicking against each other every time she would sort through a piece. suddenly she appeared in front of me, a piece of reddish pink cloth folded in her arms.

"im gonna try this on." she mumbled with a slight smile.

"okay." i gave her a slight smile.

"can you tell me how it looks?" she asked uncertainly.

"sure, just call for me when you're ready." i told her, and with that, she slipped into a changing booth. i sat there for a few minutes, left with my own thoughts, before i heard her call out my name as she stepped out of the changing booth slowly.

fuck

she looked stunning.

she wore a tight silky wine colored dress with little yellow and blue flowers scattered across in a vine like pattern. her brown hair cascaded across her shoulders as she stood there, allowing me to take in every part of her.

"is it okay?" she asked, turning slightly.

"jesus christ, cynthia...thats more than okay. you're so beautiful." i told her honestly. i watched as her cheeks turned a red color and she tried to stifle back a smile.

"thanks jah." she grinned before turning around and heading back into the changing booth. i leaned back on the bench and took a deep breath. i definitely was not expecting to see her like that. not that its a bad thing, she was gorgeous.

she came back out with the dress folded up in her hands. i would have much rather seen it on her body again.

"im gonna get it." she smiled at me.

"good, ill even buy it for you." i suggested.

"no jahseh," she giggled, " you cant buy this for me."

"you wanna bet?" i asked her as i grabbed the dress from her and hurried up to the cash register.

i managed to pay for the dress despite her complaining and whining about it behind me. i handed her the bag once i had paid and she gave me a slight pout.

"you didn't have to do that." she mumbled. i opened up the door and allowed her to walk out of the store before me.

"i wanted to." i shrugged. it didnt really bother me. after all she's been through i just wanted to treat her to something. maybe bring some happiness into her life, even if it was just a dress.

and i knew damn well it made me pretty happy.

i never thought a dress would make me happy. its funny how things work.

we both stepped back out onto the sidewalk and continued our journey down the stretch of shops. i heard cynthia sigh next to me as she pulled her phone out of her pocket.

"you good?" i asked her, a concerned look on my face. she looked confused as she stared at her screen. 

"i just got a weird cryptic message from an unknown number...l she said confusedly.

"can i see?" i asked her. she nodded before passing me her phone. i read the message silently to myself.

unknown
this isn't over