xxviii

cynthia's pov

i woke up with a killer headache pounding in my head and jahseh's arm draped over my chest. he lay next to me, completely asleep with his hair messily thrown across the pillow. i laid there trying to recall any memories from last night but it was all fuzzy. i don't even remember how i got in bed. i remember getting in the car with jahseh but that's it. ill ask him what happened last night when he wakes up.

i felt jahseh shift his arm, moving it from my chest to my stomach. i took this as a sign he was going to wake up soon. slowly but surely, his eyes opened up as he yawned.

"good morning sleeping beauty," i said quietly, smiling at him.

"good morning baby," he said. i don't think i'll ever get how his voice sounded in the morning. i was like a dream.

"you're so handsome," i said, lightly tracing a finger across his chest.

"i think the correct terminology is 'fine as fuck'" he said, smirking at me.

"let's not get too cocky, pretty boy" i stated.

"pretty girl," he replied, tapping my nose. i felt myself blush as he smiled at me. i absolutely adored mornings like these; waling up next to jahseh and simply spending our first fee minutes awake in the sheer bliss of each other's company.

"any plans for today?" he asked me, sitting up a bit.

"i think i'm going to email a few exhibition about possible openings" i told him. i had been thinking about doing this for a while now and landing a spot in a well known exhibit would definitely help me gain some leverage especially if i wanted to pursue art as a career.

"that's amazing, love" he said excitedly.

"i'm excited and nervous," i laughed looking over at him. he gave me a reassuring smile, but i saw the smile emerge into a confused look.

"cynthia how the fuck did we get here?" he said, while laughing.

"i've been trying to figure it out but my memory stops at when we got in the car" i replied

"oh yes and you started throwing all the money around," he said back.

"oh my god. i remember now," i gasped, feeling my cheeks warm up.

"i'm going to go get a shower," i said trying to change the subject, as i went over to my closet and began sorting through my clothes.

"can i join?" jahseh asked, coming behind me and placing his hands on my hips. i grabbed a cropped shirt and some ripped jeans before turning around to face him

"you're such a naughty boy? jahseh. and naughty boys don't get to shower with me," i winked and placed a kiss on his lips before waking off to the bathroom.

"i know you're not talking after the shit you pulled last night, but that's okay ima get you back cynthia," he yelled out from the bedroom

fuck.

———————————————-

i stepped out of the bathroom, the steam from the hot water following behind me. i headed back to the bedroom and found jahseh laying on the bed, scrolling through his phone.

"i'm back and i'm better," i said quoting bryson tiller and sat down next to him.

"only took you forever," he whined, setting his phone down.

"did someone miss me?" i teased him, moving over to him so i was straddling his lap.

"missed that ass of yours" he said, placing his hands on my ass. i was feeling overly confident.

"don't touch the fine art," i said, leaning down close to his air. i then scooted off of his lap and grabbed my laptop off the bedside table. he groaned in frustration as i simply giggled at him.

"and you said i was cocky?" he laughed.

"well, you do have one," i said, shrugging.

"yeah you would know" he replied.

i began searching for different exhibits to apply to. i had already uploaded photos of my various pieces to my computer, so once i had found the exhibits it would be simple to enter. jahseh leaned over towards me and watched me as i scrolled through different options. i signed up for several different ones that seemed fitting; jahseh occasionally pointing a few out that seemed interesting. i closed my computer, silently praying for the best.

"now thats finished, what do you want to do?" i asked, turning towards him.

"you." he looked up nonchalantly

"i'm being serious, jahseh." i laughed

"who says i'm not?" he asked, a smile playing at his lips.

"i'm not fucking you, jah." i said, my face in my hands.

"just you wait..." he told me. i was used to jahseh's constant sexual jokes and banter, but today he was really in quite a mood.

"for real though, what were you planning on doing?" i asked him, a bit more persistent this time.

"not really sure, maybe finish up the ep or something. me and ski have to finish freddy vs. jason," he said, shrugging a little. jahseh had been telling me for the last few days that he and the gang were going to be releasing their ep soon; he had told me it was "part 1". i was really excited for them. they seemed to be growing everyday.

"i'm so excited to hear it," i told him. he had told me before that it was "top secret" and that i wad forbidden from listening to it until it was officially released. i didn't mind; it gave me something to look forward to.

"i'm excited for you to hear it."'he replied, smiling widely at me. suddenly, stokeley opened our door and peaked his head in.

"thank god y'all ain't fucking...jah, manager called. they need to meet with us today," he said quickly." he said quickly. i looked over at jahseh confused as he got off of the bed. stokeley shut the door and left, leaving me and jahseh alone again.

"i guess you have plans now," i laughed.

"yeah. i guess so," he laughed slightly.

"see you tonight?" i asked. usually when they had meetings with their manager, it lasted most of the day. i didn't anticipate him being back for a while. it wild give me some time to have some alone time and focus on myself.

"see you tonight," he stated sweetly before grabbing his jacket. he walked over to me and placed a kiss on my lips before leaving the bedroom.

and then i was left alone with the whole day ahead of me.