xii

cynthia's pov

babygirl you know what i want let me do it to you let me do you like...

the lyrics seemed to bounce of the walls of the room as jahseh danced around, singing along to the song that was booming through his speakers.

i sat on the sofa, laughing hysterically, as i watched him make a complete fool out of himself. i had spent the whole day with him, just simply taking in his company. i had longed for moments like this again; carefree and blithe.

jahseh ran over to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me off the couch, and started dancing around with me. we both laughed as we danced to the song.

once we had danced our hearts out until the song finished. jahseh fell onto the sofa, dragging me down with him. i fell on top of him as he laughed at me. i tried pushing myself up and off of him, but he pouted as i began to step off the couch.

"ugh fine." i said, laying back on top of him he smiled widely and wrapped his arms around me i laid my head on his chest, feeling his body slowly rise and fall. his breathing was slow.

"i missed you." jahseh said softly. i simply hummed in response as he gently traced tiny circles on his shirt. i felt him start to play with my hair, taking a few strands and twisting them.

"what are you doing jahseh?" i asked, giggling, as be continued to braid.

"making you just like meeee" he giggled as he finished the twist, letting it fall into his chest.

"i look better with twist than you do" i teased.

"i invented twists and dreads so watch yourself, shawty" he said, pretending to be tough.

"you keep telling yourself that" i mumbled into his chest. i felt him laugh a little before placing his hand on my head. i could sense that he was becoming tired; hell if you were jumping around your apartment for two straight hours you'd be tired too. i was definitely beginning to feel sleepy.

"i'm going to sleep cynthia. goodnight." he said quietly. i hummed in response, waiting until i could feel his breathing slow down and i knew he was asleep. within five minutes, he was completely asleep.

"goodnight jah." i whispered before shutting my eyes and letting sleep takeover.

***

i woke up the next morning, my head laying on jahseh's chest. his hand was still entangled in my hair. his chest slowly rose and fell as he breathed.

"you're adorable when you sleep," i heard him say. i looked up at him; he was grinning down at me.

"shut up," i said, my face slightly red from his comment.

"no, really cynthia. you're adorable." he gently laughed as he moved a stray piece of hair from my face to behind my ear. i felt myself smile. i enjoyed this side of him much more than his xan-fueled self. i felt his stomach growl under me and laughed.

"well, that's our cue." he said as i began to get off of him. he stood up after i had gotten up off of him. he came over to me and placed his hands on my shoulder as he looked me in my eyes.

"let's go out for breakfast." he said, smiling eagerly

"where at?"

"ihop, i want a shteak" he said giggling

"you want steak for breakfast? okay sure, but i need to, you know, get changed." i was still in my clothing from yesterday and i could still vaguely smell alcohol on my shirt from my "rampage".

"okay, let me get changed first and then you can go." he said before running off to his bathroom. i took this as an opportunity to update my social media. i scrolled through my instagram. i noticed that i had gained over sixty followers. i thought to myself "what the hell" and began scrolling through all of them. at the bottom of the list i found the suspect.

@heroinfather started following you.

@heroinfather tagged you in a post.

i sighed to myself before checking out the post. it was a picture of me asleep, on his chest. he took it this morning. the caption said "mornings like these". the thought of him typing that out and thinking of me made me smile. i liked his post and followed him back.

he came walking back into the room wearing a black and white stripped shirt, black jeans, and his white forces.

"okay shawty, your turn." he said, walking down to his door and unlocking it. i followed him over to my apartment and i unlocked the door, letting him in first.

"you can wait here, i'll be out in a few." i said as i started to head towards my bedroom.

"can i come with?" he winked at me.

"you wish, dread head" i smirked at him and walked into my room shutting the door behind me. i decided to take a quick shower to help remove the stench of alcohol that suddenly seemed a lot stronger.

after my shower, i brushed my teeth and headed back out into my room with atowel wraooed aound my body. i grabbed my underwear, putting it on, and picked out my outfit. i slipped on a maroon hoodie, ripped black jeans, and slip on vans. my hair was still damp so i put a little leave in conditioner and gel in my hair and tied it up in a bun. i grabbed my phone and wallet before leaving my room.

i walked into the living room and jahseh looked up at me, smiling.

"all ready" i said, walking over to him.

"good, i'm starving." he joked around. we left my apartment and headed down the hallway. we decided to take the steps down to the lobby.

we walked a few blocks until we made it to ihop. we walked in and were met with the scent of maple syrup. a worker led us to to a small booth by the window. we both ordered our food; i ordered strawberry pancakes and jahseh ordered a steak and some pancakes. we were left alone by the window once the waiter left.

"i have a question for you cynthia" jahseh said slyly. i raised my eyebrow at him

"what's up?" i asked.

"well, the gang and i have a show at this lil function tomorrow and i was wondering if you would like to come see yours truly." he grinned as he said the last bit. from what i could remember, i didn't have any plans for tomorrow.

"most def, sounds fun." i said, nodding.

"great, i cant wait to see you're sexy ass face in the crowd." he said as he reached his arm across the table to cup my cheek. i felt myself blush and i knew he saw. he smirked at me in reaction.

before i could cause anymore embarrassment for myself, the waiter came back with our food. we immediately began digging into the food. i hadn't realized how hungry i was before.

once we were finished, we paid and left a tip on the table. we both stood up and headed out of ihop.

jahseh grabbed my hand as he walked down the sidewalk. he looked down at me and said, "i'm glad you yelled at me about my music."

"i'm glad i did too" i stated happily.