xviii

jahseh's pov

"jah, get your damn nose out of your phone," i heard coolie huff from across the table. i flare up at him and typed out one final text to cynthia. i had been trying to text her all night but she didn't answer a single one. i figured she was probably busy.

the gang had dragged me out to some club tonight but i wasn't feeling like partying. i sat there in the booth and sipped my drink as i watched coolie practically fuck another girl across from me. definitely not my cup of tea. ski came sliding in next to me, laughing his ass off about something that probably wasn't even funny. he got like that when he was drunk. i cracked a smile at him and moved over a but to give him room.

"ayeee x whats haninin" he slurred, trying to drape an arm around my shoulder.

"ski, you so fucked up," i said, laughing at him.

"you're no fun, motherfucker," he said, frowning at me. i just shook my head and took another sip of my drink. i had been pretty good with my alcohol consumption. i had only one drink before this one; i was trying for cynthia. i hoped she would be proud.

"where's your shorty? what's her name...sierra? sarah? i don't fuckin know her name bruh," ski said, mumbling the last bit.

"i don't know, she's not responding to my texts," i said, checking my phone again.

"girl problemsss," he said before sliding back out of the booth and running off to the dance floor. i watched him as he almost tripped, but eventually  regained his balance and began dancing around with random people. he snagged a sombrero off someone's head and put it on before disappearing from my sight. he probably wouldnt remember a single thing tomorrow.

i placed my drink down on the table and got out the booth to go to the bathroom. i quickly paced to the other side of the club before entering the bathroom and headed to the sink. i ran some water and splashed my face a but; it was outrageously hot in this place. i quickly left the bathroom but found myself stopped. a girl had come up to me and placed her hand ok my arm. i immediately felt i'm comfortable. she was your generic blonde barbie type. definitely not my type. i like my girls with melanin.

"hey baby," she said, attempting to be seductive. i wasn't buying it. i tried pulling my arm away from her but she continued to follow me back to my booth. she pushed herself against me and placed her hand on my leg.

"what do you want?" i asked rubbing my hands over my face.

"why don't we get out of here," she whispered as she leaned into my ear. i grabbed her hand and removed it from my leg.

"i have a girlfriend. leave me the fuck alone,"
i said sternly. she pouted at me.

"but where is she now?" she said. i wasn't about to get involved with another girl. i had cynthia and i was willing to wait for her.

"come on, lets have some fun," she continued. her hands started to travel across my torso and before i knew it she was making her way into my lap. i shut my eyes tightly.

"get the fuck away from me bitch," i hissed at her as i tried to push her off my lap.

"fucking dick," she mumbled before slipping out of the booth and sauntering over to the bar. i took a long breath and checked my phone again. still no reply. i decided that it wasn't worth my time to sit in a shitty night club and mope around. i shot the boys a quick text that i was going back to my apartment and quickly headed out of the club.

i flagged a cab and told them where to go as i moved into the back seat. the car smelled like body odor and cigarettes. i felt my phone buzz in my pocket. i quickly grabbed it and checked it, it was from cynthia.

cynthia🖤
come ovr babyyy

i was confused. cynthia never sent texts like this and she always told me how much it annoyed her when people make spelling mistakes. i had decided i should probably go anyways.

———————————————

i knocked on cynthia's door gently but she didn't respond. i tried to turn the doorknob and it gave way, surprisingly. i walked in slowly, calling out her name. the place was dark. i walked over to the hallway leading to her room and walked towards her room. i opened up to her door and walked in. i could see her silhouette passed out on her bed. i walked over to her but my foot hit something; something glass. it toppled over and made a loud noise, causing cynthia to stir. he raised her head in my direction.

"jahsehhhh" she slurred. she was...drunk?

"have you been drinking?" i asked bluntly. i was disappointed.

"noooo no no baby come here," she said sitting up. i walked over to her and sat on the bed next to her. her sheets smelled of alcohol.

"what the fuck, cynthia?" i said, looking over at her sternly.

"hmm?" she said, acting like she didn't know what was going on. this wasn't like her.

"don't act like you don't know whats going on, what's this about?" i said, grabbing the bottle from the floor. she lowered her head.

"i don't remember that,"'she mumbled.

"bullshit," i said before standing up. i knew i was being harsh but i couldn't believe her. "i'll be sleeping out on the sofa. goodnight." i said before quickly walking off to her living room.

i began to wonder whether or not i could handle living with her. sure, we all had our vices but it especially annoyed me that she had told me to get clean when she couldn't even get clean herself. i turned on a light and headed over to her cabinets to grab a glass. i filled it with some water and sipped on it, hoping to remove the taste of beer from my mouth. i sat the glass down and noticed a small baggie on her counter i slowly walked over to it. it was a white powder.

cocaine?