•Chapter 35•

I had searched the entire house, for what seemed like hours, and yet the crystals were nowhere to be seen.

I had to take a break from searching, so I sat on my bed, and started retracing my steps, since I last had the crystals.

A knock at my door interrupts my thoughts. I watch as the door slowly opens, revealing uncle Charlie - and his little dragon.

"Hey there." He says awkwardly. "Can I come in." I nod at him, not trusting my voice to carry a conversation at the moment.

"I'm sorry about what's happening. All of it just seems to be a big misunderstanding." I look out the window again, silently wishing I could escape my world for a few days.

"You know, when I got this little guy, she was in an egg the size of a finger nail, she was so small and delicate, but after some lessons and hardships, she learnt to toughen up." He holds the small dragon in his hand, which let me have a closer look at him. "She's an Algerian Blazeback. One of the rarest dragons that I own. I named her Porsin - a few days after she was hatched. It means 'protector of life'. Not many people can experience the amazing wonders of dragons, because they're too afraid of them. All these old stories about crazy rampages through towns - eating people left and right, it tends to shy people away from them. But for some, who are willing to let themselves see the dragons for what they are, even if there are some accidental fires or injuries, you learn that dragons just need the right guidance in order to fulfill their true purpose." He puts the small dragon in my hand and gets up off my bed, as I stare at her in amazement.

"Eventually this one, will grow up to be bigger then this house. She'll be magnificent. Dangerous and deadly, if not treated the correct way when growing up. Fortunately, I think she's surrounded by people who would gladly help her in times of need."

I look up at him, realizing he's not talking about the dragon anymore.

"How can I ask for help, when all I seem to do these days, is disappoint." I watch his face as he frowns at me.

"Nobody is disappointed in you, you made mistakes and that's okay, you'll learn from them."

"You obviously didn't see the look on dads face, he was so disgusted by what I did. When aunt hermione said I was going to be arrested, he didn't even flinch. He didn't protest, to stop his only daughter from being sent to Azkaban. How can I see his face, and not assume that I'm a disappointed to him?"

"Because you have two brothers who are far worse then you." He chuckles, which causes me to crack a small smile.

"I'm serious, Albus and James have messed up before, but they've never done anything to involve the ministry."

"Believe me, your brothers have had many troubles with the ministry, your father is just a very good persuader."

We sit in silence for a few minutes, as I watch the tiny dragon, fall asleep in my hand.

"Do you think I'll be sent to Azkaban?" I whisper.

"No. You didn't do anything wrong, and if for some reason you are in trouble, I won't hesitate to fly you to Romania with me. I won't let you get in trouble for something so silly."

"Thank you." He smiles at me, before he takes the tiny dragon from me, and starts walking out the room.

"Just remember, any dragon can be redeemed, if she is guided in the right direction."

I nod at him, as he fully disappears into the hallway. I couldn't help but ponder over what he had said about my two brothers. If they had gotten in trouble with the ministry, and dad persuaded them out of punishment, why didn't he do the same for me?

In two days I have to return to Hogwarts, so I decide, to keep myself busy, I'll start packing my things, in hopes that I won't have to have any other unnecessary interactions with my family.

Considering I was quite close to the kitchen, I could hear everyone downstairs, arguing over what had happened over the last few days. I unfortunately couldn't stop myself from listening in on the conversations.

"How do you expect me to convince the ministry that nothing illegal has gone on?" Hermione said loudly, it makes me shrink in place.

"She didn't know what she was doing." Uncle Charlie says.

"Well then at the very least George should be blamed." Uncle Ron shouts.

"Thanks." I hear the grumble from uncle George.

"He is right George, how could you be so irresponsible in giving a young wizard those things. She could've accidentally killed herself or others because of them."

"You think I don't know that?" I hear a crash of glass breaking. "As soon as I sent them I regretted it. I knew she was too stupid to realize their full potential, but after what happened to Albus, the poor girl had no attention given to her - so I tried to make her feel like she was worth something."

My heart breaks at what uncle George was saying. He truly did believe that I needed the attention, purely because of what Albus had done with the time turners.

Uncle Charlie was wrong, I can't ask them for help. They aren't going to help me, they'll just pity me. They aren't family of mine, if this is what they think of me in their spare time.

I grab all my belongings, as well as one of moms broomsticks. I push open the window, and whiz off into the night - going straight to the place that could potentially bring me the most ease - Hogwarts.