•Chapter 65•

December 25th 2023

"Dani! The potato's are burning!" James yells from the sofa.

"Wow thank you James, I didn't notice the massive black cloud coming from the oven."

I pull out the blackened potato wedges from the oven and put them down on the kitchen counter - before trying to fan out the blackened air.

"Not used to cooking for humans?" Albus leans against the counter, smirking at me - knowing damn well that I have no idea how to cook at all.

"Yeah well dragons are a lot less fussy then you people." I groan as I scrape the failed side dish off the tray and into the bin.

"At least you tried, dear." Grandma pats my back, as she takes the tray away from me, making her way to the stove to continue cooking her meal.

"Yeah! Don't worry Dani, at least you didn't burn the house down!" Reggie walks past me, carrying the most delicious looking pie I've ever seen.

"You don't have to show off, Reg. We all know you're just such an amazing child." I walk over to James and sit down next to him - finally giving up on helping with dinner.

"Be nice to your uncle." Grandma calls.

I groan again, making everyone laugh.

"Just because he's technically your son, doesn't mean he's my uncle." I explain for what feels like the 200th time, since I got back from Romania.

Grandma laughs at my irritation, before focusing her attention on the actual food.

"So how have things been since I've been gone?" I ask Albus.

"James has been getting rather comfortable with his new girlfriend." Albus blurts out, and my eyes turn to my oldest brother, as I didn't even know that he had a girlfriend.

"Yeah well, I caught Albus and Flynn making out on his birthday." I stand up quickly and run at Albus, ready to tackle him for doing that with my best friend.

He eventually runs out the front door, so I quickly follow him, but I end up bumping into a hard chest - making me fall to the ground.

"We have to stop meeting like this." Alex smiles at me, and extends his hand, to help me get up.

"Long time no see." I hug him tight, before turning to the other blond, just behind Alex.

"Hey there." I barely finish speaking when Nick lunges at me - gripping me in his arms as if he thought he wouldn't ever see me again.

"He's been missing you a lot." Alex explains. "Let's go babe, she was obviously busy trying to kill Albus, so we should let her be." Alex turns to me. "Just a heads up, big bro is here with scorpius."

"Thanks for the warning, head inside, I'm sure everyone will be along soon." I watch as Alex and nick walk inside. As I turn my head I see a massive group of Weasley's - along with Draco and scorpius - walking toward me, all while chatting away.

As they walk past, I give them all a hug, except Draco - he's still not very comfortable with us.

"Is everyone here now?" Charlie says to me, as he was the last of the Weasley's to walk past me.

"Nope, mum and dad are still missing, as well as the Longbottom's."

Charlie raises his eyebrows suggestively at my words - making me glare at him. After school ended, everyone assumed that Luke and I were a thing, so whenever I mentioned Neville or Luke (or anyone with their last name) I got questioned a million times - when in reality, I haven't spoken to Luke since the last day at Hogwarts.

"Don't look at me like that." I push Charlie's shoulder, as he laughs at me, clearly enjoying my torment.

We all walk inside, making it our mission to talk to everyone there.

"So, how was Romania?" Alex asks me, as all the cousins huddle around, ready to hear tales of what happened over there - even if nothing extremely exciting happened.

"It was good, definitely a good learning experience for me."

"So you're going back?" Rose asks.

"I don't think so, obviously I loved working with dragons and learning about them, but I don't think it's the right career for me."

"Does that mean I'll have to give you your room back?" James moans, I quickly slap him, before the knocking on the front door interrupts us.

"Dani, please get that!" Grandma calls from the kitchen.

"Excuse me for a second." I quickly get off the couch, and make my way to the door, stepping over everyone, who made themselves at home, on the floor of the lounge area.

I open the door, revealing one of my favourite professors.