•Chapter 48•

"I'm sorry, after Remus what?" Sirius said, showing how shocked he was.

"Uhh."

"Why would it stop working after he died?" James said boldly.

"James!" Lily hit his chest.

"What? That's obviously what she was gonna say, it's not my fault."

"I die before 1998." Remus' face instantly drops - as if he's completely shattered at the news, not that I would be surprised if he was.

"No. I shouldn't have said anything I'm sorry." I try walking upstairs, but I'm stopped by someone grabbing my arms, their nails gigging into my skin.

"No! You have to tell me! Please!" Remus screams, his voice showing how desperate he was for the truth.

"Remus! You know she can't tell you about it, it will mess up the timeline." James warns. Trying to pry his friend off of me.

"But I have to know James." Remus sobs. "I want a normal life. I want to be happy"

"Knowing when you die, won't help with that, please Remus. Sirius, Peter, will you take him upstairs, make sure he's okay."

James commanded the two boys to practically drag Remus upstairs, but before they completely disappeared, I turned around.

"You have a normal life. You have a wife and a son. You are happy." I say, feeling sympathy for him. His face changed in an instant, showing hope and joy.

He smiled at me, before walking up the stairs again. I sit down on the couch, starting to feel even more guilty then before.

"Is he really married?" Lily sits on my left, with a hand on my back - James soon follows, sitting on my right.

"Yes, Nymphadora Tonks."

"Tonks? Isn't that Sirius' cousins name?"

"Yeah it is." Lily giggles, causing James to burst out laughing.

"Well that wasn't expected. Poor Sirius, he's gonna be shocked when that finally happened."

"Uh."

"No." James face went pale. How he could tell what I meant by a simple sound, was quite weird, but also relaxing, as I didn't have to break the news with difficulty. James gets up, and stands with one hand on the mantle above the fireplace - trying to steady himself.

"What is it." Lily looks at James, clueless to what I had just given away.

"Sirius dies before Remus." James whispers.

"Oh Merlin."

We sit in silence for a few minutes, I feel as though I might ruin their lives more if I say anything else, which contrary to what I thought a few hours ago, was the last thing I wanted to do.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything, I just forget that you don't know this stuff yet. I won't lie to you, the next few years are gonna be a shit show."

"Language." James scolds me, with a small smile.

"We know that, with the war coming along, it's going to be a hard time for everyone." Lily was already gifted with the motherly touch, so she definitely knew how to make me feel better at times like these.

"I think I might go to bed now." I say to them.

"Okay, goodnight." James smiles at me as I get up. The realization hits me quite fast.

"I don't have a bed." I say to lily.

"Oh, well you can sleep in my dorm, I'll go sleep with james for tonight."

"No, the other girls will ask questions, the last thing we need is more people knowing that you're here. You can take my bed for the night, I'll sleep down here."

"Thanks James."

"No problem, go get some sleep, I'm sure it's been a hard day for you." I look at them both one last time before climbing the stairs to the familiar dorm.

I don't have any other clothes to change into, so I just hop into James' bed in lily clothes that she had given me previously.

I close my eyes, and slowly drift off to sleep.

~~

A cool breeze blows across my face, making my nose itch, I lean up to scratch it, and just when I think the breeze has disappeared, I feel another tickle of cold air. I open my eyes, and see Remus - sitting on the floor next to James' bed, blowing on my face.

"Sorry, I didn't know if you liked to be touched, so I thought this would be a better way of waking you up." He whispers. I groan and look around - seeing that it's still dark outside.

"Why did you wake me up, it's probably only 2am - let me sleep."

"Do you know?" He says simply.

"Know what?" I groan - shoving my head into the pillow.

"About my problem."

This statement, instantly gains my interest. Obviously I knew about the werewolf thing - I grew up with his son, who thought his dad was so cool because of his lycanthropy.

"Yes, I do. Why?"

"My son. Is he like me?" His eyes seem watery, just at the thought.

"No, he's not. He does look like you, but he doesn't have lycanthropy."

"Okay. Good." His head was lowered - looking at the floor.

"But you should know that he thinks you're pretty cool because of it." He makes eye contact with me again.

"Really?"

"Yeah, couldn't get him to shut up about it actually."

"Am I a good dad?"

"The best."

"Even better then James?"

"Much better." I giggle, and he laughs at me.

"Thank you, it's always been a worry of mine - that my kids will also be what I am. So thank you for making my worries somewhat disappear."

"It's no problem, you should get some sleep, heard James say that you have a charms test tomorrow." His eyes widen in worry, making me laugh louder then I intended.

"You're lying aren't you?"

"Guilty." I squash my head into the pillow again, as I listen to Remus getting up off the ground. His hand rubs my head, signaling that he's off to bed, and he walks away, leaving me to get some much needed sleep.