•Chapter 64•

Seventh year - 2023
Last day of school.

"I can't believe we're leaving this place forever." Flynn says quietly.

"It's sad, but it was bound to happen eventually." I look around at the familiar architecture, taking it in for the last time.

"I'm sure we'll see it again someday, especially if our kids turn out like us." Nick giggles - Flynn and I soon follow in his laughs.

"Poor McGonagall will have to deal with them."

"God save her." I exclaim.

We all laugh again, as we try make our goodbyes as quick and painless as possible.

"Well, I better be off, gotta say goodbye to Alex before I leave." Nick says.

"You're still coming to the burrow for Christmas right?"

"Of course." He reaches over and kisses my cheek, doing the same with Flynn, before walking away.

"I still can't get over how cute those two are."

"Yeah, speaking of cute, when are you finally gonna tell him?"

"Tell who?" She loves to act dumb when it comes to this subject.

"You know who!"

"Voldemort?" I glare at her sarcasm, waiting for her to finally be serious. "I was actually thinking of telling him today, if he thinks I'm gross, I won't ever have to see him again."

"Then I'll give you a head start to find him, I have to go see Julie anyway, I'm sure she'll want to see me off anyway."

"So I'll see you at the burrow?" She extends her arms - making me hug her tightly.

"Definitely, be sure that you and Reggie are a couple by then." I wink at her, she smacks my arm and walks off.

I make my way to the astronomy tower - where Julie and I had agreed to meet today before I left.

"Jules?" I call when I reach the top of the stairs.

"I'm here!" I walk toward the voice, making sure that it is actually Julie.

"Hey." She smiles, which I return.

"So, today is the last time at Hogwarts."

"Only as a student. Remember that you promised to come see me."

"I know Jules, I'll have to ask McGonagall to visit, but I have no doubt that she'll allow it."

"She's always had a soft spot for potters."

We both laugh, trying to find the words to say to each other.

"I'm sorry." I blurt out.

"For what?" She looks puzzled, as to why I was sorry.

"If it wasn't for me, you would've been leaving this place with us, but you're stuck here now."

"Dani, I know you hate it when I say this, but dying was something that I honestly don't regret. I mean yes I have a limited space of living, but this place is the most interesting place to live in, there's nowhere else I would rather be. And when you have kids, I'll be the one to help them out here too - make sure they cause as much trouble as you did."

"I think you need two people to have kids, Jules." I say with an eye roll.

"Then better start planning for your future now."

"I don't know what I'm doing with my future Jules, I have no time to think about relationships, when I'm too busy worry about what I wanna do as a job."

"You'll figure it out."

"Charlie should be here soon, said he would pick me up on Porsin, don't wanna keep her waiting."

"You've always loved that little guy."

"Julie, she's about three times the size of this room, she's no little guy."

"I know, still I mostly remember what you told me about her when she could still be held in your palm." I give her a soft smile, as we fall into another silence.

"So, I guess this is goodbye."

"For now." She smiles, and reaches her hand out - I do the same, but instead of holding hands, I drag mine through hers, feeling the coldness passing through.

"I'll see you soon, Jules."

"I'll be waiting."

I smile one last time, before making my way downstairs, grabbing my few things and walking out into the courtyard that Charlie would be picking me up from.

I put my bags down, and huff as I wait for the familiar dragon to arrive.

"Thought I might find you here." Luke says, waking up to me.

"Well yeah, I told everyone that I would be waiting here for Charlie."

"Can I not try and be cute, without you destroying my advances."

"I wouldn't be me, if I didn't shut you down." He rolls his eyes at me.

"So, you glad that we're finally finished here?"

"In a way. Also kinda disappointing that it went by so fast. Feels like yesterday that I bumped into Alex on the train."

"Time goes by fast when you're having fun."

"So, is there anything you needed?" I ask him, politely.

"Yeah actually," I reaches behind him, pulling out a single rose and handing it to me, "I know I've been annoying the last few years, and I've done some horrible things to you. So I just wanted to say that I'm sorry, it might be a little late for that, but you still deserve an apology. A real one. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sorry for flirting with you or teasing you, but I am sorry for making you doubt yourself a lot, especially in fourth year, I know how hard it must've been for you."

"I appreciate that Luke, thank you."

Suddenly a gust of wind comes from above us, making Luke grab onto me, so I can be steady again. We both look up and see Porsin - not so gracefully making her way onto the courtyard floor.

"Well looks like my ride is here." I laugh, letting go of Luke - who I had been clung too for far too long.

I look at the dragon, confused completely over the lack of a human guiding her, I walk up closer to her, giving her a pat on the neck - when I see a makeshift necklace, made of string - around her neck. On the necklace is a peace of paper. I grab the paper and fold it open.

I knew that you two had a strong bond from the first time that you met her all those years ago, after what happened with Fred, which is why I've trusted you with her (I wouldn't trust just anyone). You've spent 3 years helping me train her, and now I can finally hand her over to you, congratulations on finally leaving Hogwarts - I'll see you at Christmas, make sure you treat her well.
-Charlie.

I gasp at the gift, squealing and spinning in pure joy out of the fact that I'd just been gifted one of the rarest dragons - as a graduation present.

I look at Luke one last time, seeing him look at me in confusion over my joyous outburst. I'm in a really good mood suddenly, so I make a decision that I will definitely regret later.

I walk up to Luke, grab his face and give him a peck on the lips.

"Bye Luke, see you at the burrow!" I shout, making my way onto the back of my new dragon, waving at a still startled Luke as Porsin and I, take to the sky, flying all the way back home, ready to start a new life out of Hogwarts.