•Chapter 17•

"You realise that you can't go right?" Nick says at lunch.

"I have to go, they said they'll tell me everything." I explain.

"You really think you can trust them. According to you, they are all possible related to death eaters. They can't be trusted." Nick is clearly very passionate about this conversation.

"Don't you think that's a bit stupid, to not trust someone because of their parents?" Julie asks.

"No, their parents are the ones who raised them after all. Death eaters are murders and their children could easily follow in the footsteps." Nick grabs a cup and takes a sip of the bitter drink inside.

"Just because their parents are murders, doesn't mean they will be killing people too. Just look at Dani, her dad was a murder and she turned out like that." Carrie suddenly appears and insults me out of nowhere.

"Can you not just be nice for once?" Nick shouts at her. Everyone in the hall turns to look at him, Carrie is in shock over his outburst. He gets up and walks out of the hall.

"I better go check on him." Carrie says, I quickly pull my wand out and make her feet stick to the ground.

"You're the last thing he needs right now." I get up and run after him.

I run down all the hallways looking for him, but sadly I can't find him. Then I get the idea of where he is. Ever since I've known nick, he's loved the astronomy tower, I think he likes how it makes his problems seem so small, when he sees a whole word outside of Hogwarts.

I walk up the steps and stroll across the tower, to look off the edge of it. Almost completely forgetting about nick when I see the view.

"Pretty spectacular, isn't it?" I hear him walk up beside me and look out at the sky.

"It really is." I smile.

"I'm sorry for how I acted, I shouldn't have done that." He sincerely apologises.

"It's okay, we all have bad days. You just have to learn to take your anger out on things that won't turn into something negative, later on. Like how you shouted at Carrie, she's gonna let you have an ear full later."

"I deserve it, it's not like I've been the best boyfriend to her."

"You could always change that. Work on your relationship a little bit."

"I don't think I want to." We both stand in silence, as his final realisation settles in for both of us.

"I hope that you figure that stuff out soon, you deserve to be happy." I smile at him.

"Please just be careful when you go tonight, I know that no matter how hard I try to convince you that it's a bad idea, you'll still go. I don't need to loose you too."

"I'll be okay, I'm just meeting with them, so it's no big deal."

"I should probably get to class." He says quickly.

"But I just-"

"I have to go." He interrupts me.

"Okay yeah, have a good day!" I shout as he walks away.

I should probably also head to my next class.

~~~

"You're actually going?" Julie yells.

"Yes I'm going, we had this conversation at lunch." I roll my eyes at her and put on my robe.

"I just think this is a dumb idea, you could get hurt, or punished for going out at night."

"Nobody will find me, I took the invisibility cloak my dad gave to James- nobody will be able to see me. So please stop worrying, but if I'm not back before sunrise, tell my family I love them!" I shout dramatically as I walk down the stairs.

"I really hate you sometimes." I hear Julie say. I continue walking out of the common room and when I exit, I wrap the cloak around myself and make my way outside.

When I finally reach Hagrid's house - located just before the actual meeting point, I look out and see nobody waiting at the outer spot of the forest.

I walk closer and sit on a rock - still covered by the cloak.

Suddenly I hear footsteps coming toward me, looking up I see the three boys walking past Hagrid's hut.