•Chapter 46•

"That's a very dangerous thing to do, you do understand that you could alter time, just by meeting with him." Dumbledore explains with a harsh tone.

"Yes sir, but you told me yourself, that James was my only hope to help save the future. You gave me strict instructions to carry out while I'm here."

"What instructions did I give you, miss Potter?"

"I'm afraid I can't say. I was sworn to secrecy, about my duties."

"Why were you sent here to this point in time then?" James asks, clearly still in shock, but he wanted answers.

"There's a war going on, where I'm from. It's the most deadly war that's ever been. Dumbledore sent me back because he believed that if I can find out the information that we need while I'm still here, it will help us to win in the future."

"Miss Potter, I obviously mean no disrespect, but how are we supposed to know that you aren't here to play a trick on us, In the name of you-know-who." McGonagall steps in.

"I can prove it. I can tell you anything you want about Voldemort." Luckily for me, being the daughter of the boy who lived, earned me some detailed information on Voldemort.

"What name did he go by in his younger years?"

"Tom riddle. He was in Slytherin house from 1938 to 1945. His favorite teacher was professor Slughorn."

"As much as that is correct, miss Potter , I'm afraid that the information you just gave us, can be given through extensive research."

Dumbledore gets up and walks around to the staircase that leads up to his desk. He looks at The Pensieve that he has in his office.

"He has split his soul into several horcruxes." This instantly makes everyone in the room, turn their heads to me.

"What's a horcrux?" James asks.

"A piece of extremely dark magic, me Potter. These are bold claims that you're making, how is there any proof to this?"

"I can give you a detailed account of each horcrux and how it is destroyed in my time, but we need to be alone for that." I keep my composure - I know that my acting wasn't as dramatic as the first act, but I have a feeling that Dumbledore wouldn't take me very seriously if I acted the way I did in the courtyard.

"Mr Potter , I suggest we go get a cup of tea." McGonagall leads james out of the room- leaving me alone to deal with Dumbledore. James looks back at me with a worried expression, but I give him a reassuring glacé, before he disappears from the office - McGonagall following closely behind him.

"If Tom riddle started making horcruxs, Im more then convinced, that would know about it - or someone in my staff would've seen something." Dumbledore states.

"I think you and I both know there were signs of the dark magic happening while he was in hogwarts. And who's to say that someone didn't see something, I suggest you have a talk with your dear friend Professor Horace Slughorn." He turns to face me. His face seems shocked at first, but soon enough, I believe that he's realized that what I'm saying, is true.

"How many are there?"

"7, I think that by this time, there are only 5 or 6 made, depends if he's found His pet snake  yet."

"Name each and every horcrux." He walks over to his desk once again, and fishes for a quill and loose piece of parchment.

"Tom riddles diary, Marvolo Grunts ring, Slytherins locket, Hufflepuffs cup, Ravenclaws lost diadem, nagini the snake, and Harry Potter." When he finishes writing them all down - he looks to me with confusion.

"Who is this - Harry Potter?"

"My brother, he's the first born of Lily and James Potter." It takes a moment for the fact to set in, but when it does, the tension in the office rises at an alarming rate.

"How can he be a horcrux? I've never even heard of a living person being turned into one."

"It was a mistake, the night that James and lily Potter are murdered, lily will try kill Voldemort - but a part of his soul will enter Harry when she dies."

"Do you think we can destroy them all by the time that happens."

"It's impossible to say, the second last horcrux is unclear of when they were made into a horcrux, but if dealing with the other 5, a few years before they originally are - could leave everyone with a clear advantage - only problem is that Voldemort will know when his horcruxes are being destroyed."

"I suppose that if we leave things to pan out as they are in your future - the potters will have to die first."

"Yes, but maybe you could stop it some way, their death could be avoided."

"That's toying with the future Miss Potter."

"I know that, but everyone I know Is dying, so if keeping the Potters alive, means that Voldemort would be defeated earlier - that's alright with me."

"It's best that you go to bed now, I'll summon you if I have any other questions." I can tell that the information I've given him, has completely thrown him off his game - but it's best to distract him with this information, it'll help the boys and I do what we need to do, without drawing attention to ourselves.

I stand up to walk away, silently congratulating myself for my performance. I honestly felt like he believed that I cared about the Potters, but hopefully this mission will go smoother if he thinks that I'm trying to save them, not murder them sooner.

"Miss Potter?" I turn back to Dumbledore, "I would refrain from sharing any information on the future with James and lily."

I nod quickly before walking out and toward the gryffindor tower.