•Chapter 59•

I walk slowly toward Voldemort, the clear shock of my decision, fills the air. Many gasps, whispers and screams of disgrace are heard as I continue forward.

"Danielle!" I hear dad scream to me, as I get about a meter away from Voldemort. The pain and helplessness in his voice, stops me in my tracks, making me turn back toward him.

"Don't do this."

Although his voice was nothing over a whisper, everyone could hear it, being in the courtyard at this moment, was like being in a completely silent room - with your heartbeat being your only melody.

"I have to." I say back, he looks completely shattered, and I watch as tears stream down his cheeks.

I turn back toward Voldemort, and he smiles at me, with his rotten and broken teeth.

"You are one of us now." He states proudly.

"You know," he looks at me with pride radiating from him. "I don't think I could ever follow someone without a nose."

It takes everyone a few seconds to realize what I had said, some more shocked then others. But as soon as I said this, I knew my dad would understand what I was doing.

I smirk at Voldemort, turn around and start walking back to my father.

When I finally reach him, I hear a loud voice boom - "Avada kadavra!"

Dad instantly sees the dark magic hurdling in my direction, so he steps in front of me. All I can do, when I see the magic penetrate his chest, is let out a blood curdling scream.

Fad falls to the floor, but I soon realise, that the curse used, didn't fulfill it's original power. Dad sits up, as I crouch next to him, and needless to say, everyone was shocked.

"I'm not dead." He says, more to himself then anyone else.

Suddenly uncle George's voice blasts through the courtyard.

"Of course! How could I have forgotten." I turn to look at him, and he walks toward me, wraps his arm around my shoulder and points toward the group of death eaters. "They are all just hollow representations of the people they're depicting. When you brought Fred back, he couldn't do magic. Why? Because he's not a real wizard. He's only a fake version of a wizard."

"So that means?"

"They can't fight with magic." George smiles.

I smile to myself, knowing that the battle that was going to happen, would be one of the easiest ever fought.

"Good thing we can. Everyone! Wands up!" I shout behind me.

"We're ready when you are." George encourages me. I look to him one last time, before leading the entire School into the huddle of death eaters.

~~

Although the death eaters couldn't use magic to harm us, they improvised rather quickly - resorting to stabbing people with their wands, and throwing rocks at people. It wasn't a very outstanding act of war, but it was effective enough to keep the fight going.

I was busy running through the areas of the courtyard, helping any student who had the unlucky chance of facing one of the death eaters head on. As I was running, I did catch a glimpse of uncle George, and Fred - the ghost I had met only once before - fighting alongside each other. It was a heartwarming sight, but I didn't exactly have time to stare at their reunion.

"You told us this would work! How could you disgrace us like this!" I turn the corner - which lead to a secluded part of the courtyard. The old and crusty, Lucius Malfoy, standing with most of his weight dependent on his walking stick - talking to Reggie and Alex, while Luke stands behind them - looking upset at the current situation.

"When she brought her uncle back, it did work, so I don't know why it didn't work for us." Alex pleads.

"Thanks to you boys, We've lost our only chance at being a real family again. And to think I was about to forgive my disgrace of a son, for planning his own death."

I feel a hand on my shoulder, I look back and see Neville peeking around the corner with me.

"You two are utterly disappointing. The only real son I had was Lukas." Malfoy continues.

"He's not your son." Neville steps out, ready to defend his newly found brother.

"Who are you? And how would you know about my son?"

"He's my brother." Nevile grips his wand even tighter then it was before.

"Oh my, Neville Longbottom!" Malfoy finally realized who Neville was, and I could tell that it made him angry. "I must tell you, that he is not your brother, biologically maybe, but he was raised as my son, therefore he is my son."

"He was raised as a weapon, that you could use in your sick game. You never showed him an ounce of fatherly love, if you had, he might've been loyal to you, and not to someone that he's never met."

"And you've shown him love?" Malfoy mocks Neville.

"No, but if I had the chance to, I could show him what a real family would be like." Neville directs this last comment toward Luke, rather the Lucius.

"Oh how sentimental." Lucius mocks once again.

I knew Neville wasn't going to kill Lucius, he wanted to prove to Luke that he would be better then anyone who had raised him prior, which is why I had to take his death into my own hands.

"Avada kadavra!" I shout as I jump out from behind the wall, aiming it at Lucius.

He falls to the ground in an instant, and the three boys have very different reactions.

Luke was standing in shock - it was clear that Lucius was his only facther figure, so seeing him die, was something that he couldn't process so fast, yet his face also showed relief. Alex instantly ran up to me, taking me back into the castle, to get away from everyone else, he could probably see how overwhelmed I was. Before Alex and I entered the castle, I saw Reggie dragging Luke by the wrist, toward the wooden bridge.