•Chapter 40•

Today was my last day at Hogwarts.

A few minutes ago, Professor McGonagall broke the news to me, that tomorrow I would be permanently expelled for what I did, which now that I think about it, I don't know why I took the fall for those idiots. They were the ones shouting unforgivable curses at one another, I had nothing to do with it. But of course I took the blame.

I pack all my things in my dorm, all the while I decide to ditch all my classes today, and take the rest of the day to explore the grounds one last time.

While I was packing, I found a few of Julie's things, that I just ended up throwing out the window, not really wanting to deal with any of that right now.

Once I finished packing, I head downstairs and out of the gryffindor common room. I could tell, by walking in the halls for a few minutes, that word had already gotten out about my expulsion. Whistlers and laughing followed me throughout my walk, but I didn't really care. I knew what I did, these people just heard rumors.

"Are you stupid?" I hear from behind me.

"Im not in the mood right now, Albus."

"What do you mean you're not in the mood. You just got yourself expelled. How can we not talk about this." He walks around me, so he's standing straight in front of me.

"Easy, just don't talk to me." I turn around to walk away, but inside I'm met with a chest in my face, which almost makes me fall over.

"What's happened to you Dani? You used to be so a perfect in everyone's eyes, now what's wrong with you." James says, blatantly laughing in my face.

"Nothing is wrong with me, you're all just too scared to break some rules sometimes."

"Come on Dani, we all know you're acting out because you killed Julie." James smirks again.

"What did you just say?"

"You heard me, everyone knows you did it. At first we actually believed that the Longbottom dude did it, now everyone knows that you framed him."

My chest felt like it was closing in. My breathing became rapid and my hands got sweaty.

Before I could try and curse James (like my inside voice was telling me to do) I ran my way through the school, and up to the astronomy tower.

When I reached my destination, I felt like I couldn't breathe. Everyone had turned on me - in a few short hours. I can only imagine what everyone else will say when I arrive home.

I walk to the edge of the tower, sweaty hands - gripping the railing, all while I try catch my breath.

"What people are saying, is making a lot of sense." I turn around to see two people that I've been waiting to see since I came back to Hogwarts.

"Flynn! Nick! Thank goodness you're here." I run up to them, ready to embrace them in my arms, when they both pull out their wands, and aim them at me.

"How can you act so innocent?" Nick spits.

"I don't know what you've heard about me, but whatever it is, it's not true."

"Dani, stop lying. I thought that nick was lying when he said he thought you were involved in Julie's death. But now I realize that he's right. If it weren't for you, Julie would still be here, we would still have our best friend with us. This group wouldn't be falling apart if it wasn't for you."

"How can you say that? You've known me for so many years? I wouldn't ever hurt Julie." I practically scream at the two.

"Stop lying to us, Potter."

Nick drops his wand and rushes over to me, holding me off the edge of the astronomy tower. My body was frozen in fear, as I realized these would be the last few moments of my life.

"Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't drop you off this tower." Nicks voice was laced in hatred. I looked at him in the eye, accepting the fact that I'm never going to be able to convince him.

"I can't." I whisper, so only he can hear me.

"Nick, stop. You don't need to sink down to her level. Let's just get out of here, I'm sure she'll eventually get sent to Azkaban for her actions."

Flynn was never someone who would joke about Azkaban - as she was very familiar with the concept of death eaters and their punishments.

"I'll let you off this time, but if I see you again, Flynn won't be there to stop me."

Nick pulls me back onto my feet, and walks away - with Flynn following behind him.

I knew that Nick blamed me for Julie's death - it was clear from the same day that she was killed, but I never knew how much he despised me. It was a kind of hatred that I've never experienced before. It was a strange feeling - to be an outcast in Hogwarts. People kept calling me Voldemort, Bellatrix, or any of the other death eaters - just to show how much they hated me.

Even though getting expelled wasn't a good thing, I was honestly glad to get away from everyone. I knew that the only people who would believe in my story, was going to be my family, but yet, after how well the whole Fred situation went down, I'm not so sure anymore.