•Chapter 6•

After figuring out how to used uncle George's crystals last night, Julie and I had stayed up way too late, making the small crystals into full boxes of sweets from the Wizarding and muggle worlds. Needless to say we were pretty tired when we got up the next morning. I had decided to skip breakfast to come up with some way to carry the crystals without breaking them. Which meant after a few failed attempts, I ended up tying a think piece of string around it, hoping it would be strong enough to not break the vial.

As soon as I was finished, I grabbed my bag and books and rushed toward the great hall to meet up with everyone before classes started, but unfortunately I had arrived later than expected, so by the time I arrived at breakfast, I was already supposed to be at my first lesson.

Although the day had already started in a unusual way, I was lucky enough to avoid any and all contact with the new guys. After Luke's threats I felt on edge during the entirety of the day.

When I walked into my first class, I noticed Flynn and Julie sitting together, I smiled at them as I made my way over.

"Hey strangers." I say as I put my books down, and take a seat.

"Hey, where were you this morning? It's not like you to miss breakfast." Flynn asks.

"I was trying to make a necklace." I say quickly.

"A necklace? Didn't think you were the necklace type." Julie jokes.

"It's not a normal necklace. It the only way I can carry the crystals without breaking them - they're uncle George's new invention. Julie and I tested it out last night and it's pretty amazing."

"Show me! You can't just tell me and not let me see." Flynn teases.

I reach inside my shirt and pull the bottle out, holding it out for them to see.

"Desire crystals? What do they do?" Flynn asks.

"They can materialize your thoughts, or at least that's what I think happened last night. You take one of these crystals in your hand and think of something you want, and it'll change the crystal into the thing you want. I made a chocolate frog."

"Out of everything? You decided to materialize a chocolate frog?" I already knew Flynn would criticize me for picking my favorite candy.

"Yes, now if you would stop judging me, I would like to get in some last minute studying before herbology." Julie laughs at me, while Flynn rolls her eyes.

After about an hour of listening to a lecture on the history of troll discrimination, it is finally time for herbology. I say my goodbyes to Flynn and head off to greenhouse 2 with Julie.

When I enter the class, I see professor Longbottom is already getting his plants ready for the day, I mutter a hello to him before taking my place.

As most students are late for herbology - due to its long distance in comparison to all of the other classes, I sit down and glance down at the crystals once again, I think about the endless possibilities that these crystals have, and wonder if I should send them back to uncle George because of the dangers that they could be used for if it fell into the wrong hands.

"Dani? What's that around your neck? Did Harry get you a new necklace over the summer?" Professor Longbottom asks in a very curious voice.

"It's one of uncle George's new inventions, he sent them to me yesterday, it was originally just the vial, I added the string this morning." I explain as I hold it up so he can see it better.

"May I see them?" I nod and walk over to him, taking the necklace off from around my neck, and handing it to him.

"Is your uncle planning on selling these?" He asks worriedly.

"Not that I know of, he just said it was something new. Something that he was recently working on." I say truthfully, understanding his worry instantly.

"I think I need to talk to him about these. You can keep them, but I would keep them to myself if I was you. I would suggest putting a charm on them - where only you can use them. It will make them less dangerous potential."

"Yes professor." I say mockingly before taking the crystals back from him and sitting down, ad he rolls his eyes at me with a small smile, just as the rest of the class enters.

It must've been halfway through the lesson when a bouncy ball broke through the glass ceiling that was above us, the ball landed in front of the professor, who picked it up, unfortunately the ball was cursed to multiply every time someone touched it, so as he touched it, it wiggled and burst into 10 more bouncy balls. The Gemino curse has always been used for safety or protection, but this just seems like a stupid prank.

"Everyone out!" Professor Longbottom says in pure panic, we all hurry out of our seats and out of the classroom.

Professor Longbottom sends one of the Ravenclaw girls to get professor McGonagall to deal with this mess.

When she arrives, she looks completely confused by the sudden pranks that have been happening today. Luckily, she deals with the bouncy balls in the class relatively quickly and tells professor Longbottom to carry on with his lesson in greenhouse 4.

A few minutes after professor Longbottom starts his lecture again, he is interrupted by a Ravenclaw girl coming into the greenhouse and handing him a note - a note that called me to the headmistresses office, so I pack up my things and head for her office.

When I enter, I realize that the room seems a lot more crowded with different pieces of parchment that are scattered around the room.

"Miss Potter , thank you for coming so quickly." She mutters from behind her large desk. "Please have a seat, we have much to discuss."

I make my way up the stairs and sit down in front of the desk, when a teapot and teacup fly out of nowhere and start pouring me a cup.

"Biscuit?" She offers with a floating box, I look inside and grab one of the chocolate flavors before shoving it in my mouth, "I called you here today because of the prank that was carried out in the herbology classroom." I nod at her, signaling I knew what she was talking about.

"Well, it seems as if the pranking device of choice, came from your uncle's shop. You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that, would you miss Potter?" I frown at her accusations.

"Professor with all due respect, just because George Weasley is my uncle, does not mean that I follow in his footsteps. If anyone in this family follows after him it's james. I also should mention that over the last three years at Hogwarts, I have not once been in any sort of trouble, so no Professor, I don't know anything about it." I say with a bright confidence, knowing she would've never poured me tea if she actually thought that I did it.

"As I'm sure you know I was just making sure, miss Potter. In fact, I think I know who did it anyway." She looks down at her desk - scrambling through some papers.

"Who?" I ask her loudly, letting my curiosity get the best of me. She looks at me over the tops of her spectacles, with a knowing look. "Common, Minnie. Just between us, who's done it?" I put on an older country accent, making her smile slightly.

"I have a hunch, Miss Potter that the three gentlemen who joined you and your fellow classmates this year, may have had something to do with it. I've had my eyes on them, given the lack of a magical background and documentation for each of them. Now if you will excuse me miss Potter, I must start looking for the correct punishment for our perpetrators."

"Yes Professor." I get up, take one last sip of tea, before I start walking out.

"And miss Potter?" I turn to face the professor again. "I realize that your uncle sent you a gift yesterday?" I nod, she tosses me something, which I catch with ease. Looking down I see a plastic bag filled with the same chocolate biscuits that I had taken with my tea. "Make sure it stays in the right hands, we both know how misused certain inventions of George Weasley's can get." I smile at her.

"No problem, Minnie."

"Share those with your brothers too." She shouts from behind me as I make my way out.