•Chapter 8•

Later that day, when Julie and I finally have DADA (our last lesson for the day) I see Luke sitting in his regular seat. They boys must've been let go, for the rest of the day. I sit down next to Julie as we start our lesson.

~

When class is finally over, I decided that I would write my uncle a letter to ask him about the love potion and it's properties, and after that I'll ask Luke some questions.

When I get upstairs I pull out some parchment and start writing.

Dear uncle George

This letter will not be long, because all I want to ask is very to the point. I know that we have the Amortentia potion at your shop, but what is the history of it? This is for a school project, so as much detail as you can put would be very helpful.

Love Dani.

I fold the letter and hand it to snow to send off.

I walk down to the classes, and start asking around for Luke, eventually I find out he never left the DADA classroom.

I walk up to Luke, who is still sitting in his seat.

"You said that if I had questions, that I should come directly to you, well I have questions." I say to him, he doesn't react to my words or my presence.

"Not right now Potter." He spits. It took me by surprise that he spoke to me with such venom, but I think that after he got a detention, he just wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Fine, I'll go ask your sidekicks." I say before walking out of the class and toward the Hufflepuff common room entrance.

I pass the fruit bowl painting - that was the entrance to the kitchen, and walk toward the barrels that hold the common room, just past them.

I look for some kind of handle so I can open the 'door' but to my luck, there isn't one. I decide that knocking would be a suitable answer. So I knock three times on the middle barrel. I wait a few seconds, when all of a sudden the top barrels' lid flys off and a whole lot of vinegar comes pouring down onto my head, drenching my entire body.

"Dani?" I hear a shocked and worried voice shout out from down the hall. Due to the vinegar, I can't open my eyes to see who it is. "Why are you trying to get into our common room." The voice asks - which I recognize as Nick.

"I need to talk to the two new guys. I tried knocking, but obviously old Helga doesn't like that very much."

"You're lucky my class ended early today, you could've been standing here all day." He quickly knocks on one of the barrels, and escorts me inside.

"Gryffindors aren't allowed in here Nick!" I hear Justin shout as we walk inside.

"Shut it Macmillan, if you would've answered the bloody door I wouldn't need to be here right now."

Nick laughs at my side and leads me up to his dorm. He quickly retrieves a towel for me to wipe my eyes with. He searches his trunk for a pair of clothes that I can change into, before he walks out and lets me change.

When I'm finally clothed, I shout to him, that he can come in again. He walks inside and I strike a pose.

"I think I would be a glorious Hufflepuff." I state. Nick laughs at me, while he walks past and lays down on his bed. I lean on the beam at the bottom of the bed and look at him.

"So what can I do for you?" He asks me.

"Like I said, I need to speak to Reggie and Alex." I smile.

"They should be back any minute now. For now, may I offer you a chocolate frog?"

"How could I refuse." I hold out my hand as he gives me one of the 5 boxes on his bed-side table. I walk around the bed, so I can slide onto it, and enjoy my chocolate frog. "So how's Carrie?" I open the box and see I got another card with my dads face on it.

"She's good, I think. We haven't spoken much since we got back."

"Maybe you should have a date night, I can't imagine how hard it would be to date a Slytherin, so maybe a date night away from the labels will be good."

"It could be." He says in a dissatisfied tone.

"Why so down about it?" I take a bite out of the frog.

"When we started dating, things were fun. Now everything just seems like a mission to get done."

"That's relationships for you, that's why I'm single. It's all too confusing for me."

"Lucky you." He smiles at me.

"I just don't understand how he can teach this, I mean it's been nearly 25 years." I hear from outside the dorm room. I turn and face the door as it opens to reveal Alex and Reggie, standing there looking at nick and I in confusion.

"Hey guys." I say warmly.

"Hey." Alex drags out, showing his uncertainty of the situation.

"Hi, Dani." Reggie says quickly.

"I should leave you guys alone, just get those clothes back to me whenever you can." Nick smiles before walking out of the common room.

"So why are you here?" Alex sits down on nicks bed, in front of me.

"I had questions that I wanted to ask Luke, but he was being grouchy, so I decided I'll ask you guys."

"What kind of questions."

"About what McGonagall found on you guys. And the prank that you pulled."

"You can't prove that we did that." Reggie shouts from behind me, I turn and look at him with a smile.

"Reg, she knows it was us."

"Oh, never mind." He goes to his own bed and pulls out a coloring book and crayons.

"Well then. I just have a few questions about the whole situation, hopefully you can help me?" I try persuade Alex. He glances off for a few seconds, before he turns to me.

"I guess I can try my best." Alex finally says.