•Chapter 10•

The next morning, I get ready pretty early, and luckily, Julie decided to get up at the same time.

When we finish getting dressed, we start heading to the great hall for breakfast.

"So what were you talking to nick about yesterday?" She asks, clearly only interested in hearing about nick.

"We just spoke about him and Carrie, apparently there's trouble in paradise."

"Really?" She excitedly says.

"Yeah, but I only spoke to him for a few minutes before I spoke with Alex."

"Why would you need to speak to him?"

"I just had some questions about herbology, he's really good at it so I just thought he would be a good choice." I lie, she nods at me. "But I do have a hypothetical question, I thought of it last night, and it hasn't stopped clawing at my brain for a while now."

"I like hypothetical questions, there's less risk involved."

"Okay, so you know about the wizarding wars?"

"Yeah of course. Why wouldn't I?"

"That's my question actually, how could someone not know about them. I mean you were raised by a muggle family, and you still know about it, so why would some wizards, not know about it?" I look at her, hoping to get a valid answer.

"Maybe they don't read books?" She says, coming up with one of the worst explanations in history.

"Jules, it can't be that simple."

"Well I don't think I'm the right person to ask about this, I know as much as you do. Maybe you should ask one of the professors, especially one that lived through it. They could have the answer."

"But all the teachers who were teaching at Hogwarts at that time, are now retired. McGonagall was there but she scares me."

"Why ask someone who was a teacher at that time, why not someone who was a student?"

"Like who?"

"Professor Longbottom, you dweeb." Julie laughs.

"You're a genius, I'll see you in charms." I head in the opposite direction of the great hall.

"Okay bye then." Julie replies sarcastically.

~~

When I finally reach the herbology classroom, I quickly knock on the door before I enter.

"Professor?" I call out, not receiving a reply.

I look around the greenhouse and spot a strange looking flower? I think it was a flower. It's almost shaped like an egg, but a lot more colourful.

"That's the home of a pixie, so don't poke it, she'll get angry at me." I hear the professor say from behind me.

"I wasn't going to, I know how most things in here get angry if you touch them. I actually am here to ask you something."

"Is it about the Bubotuber? I saw you were having a hard time with it yesterday."

"Actually Professor, it has nothing to do with herbology. I know you've never mentioned the battle of hogwarts and what happened over the coming months but I'm afraid nobody else can answer my questions about that day, because they weren't there." I see his face go pale, obviously remembering the horrors that he saw during that time.

"Why don't you ask your father?" He says, trying to avoid the conversation.

"He was the chosen one, he still believes that he's the most famous wizard, which is probably true, but I need to hear from someone who isn't entirely in the spotlight."

"Okay, I think I can handle a few questions." I smile at him and sit down on one of the stools.

"Well first I know that my grandmother killed Bellatrix Lastrange during the battle of Hogwarts but is there another female Lastrange that survived the battle?"

"Maybe, I know that her husband - Roldolphus - had a brother, Rabastan, he was rumoured to have a wife, she could've taken their last name."

"Is it known if they had children together?"

"After he and his brother, got sent to Azkaban, There were rumours that his wife was having a child. He was released a few years later, so it is possible that they did have children, but unfortunately nothing is confirmed. No Lastrange family members have been to Hogwarts since Roldolphus himself was here."
Okay so it is possible that Reggie is a real Lastrange. It's a bit worrying but Reggie doesn't seem like the typical version of the Lastrange family (crazy).

"So there's no records of the possible kids?"

"I'm afraid you would have to ask your aunt for that, hermione would be your best bet at getting information about their family."

"Okay. Well I only have one more question, I know that the wizarding wars are a huge part of history, but is there a possibility that some wizards don't know about it?"

"I don't see how that would be possible. All families during those wars were involved in some way, those battles weren't affecting only a particular group of people, they affected the whole wizarding world. Even if other countries weren't helping us directly fight the opposition, they always kept in contact to find out what was happening."

"But what if younger wizards from this day in age, didn't know about it?"

"Well, if we are talking about kids that are your age, their is a possibility that their parents were involved in the battles. Perhaps their parents were ashamed of the battles and would rather keep that side of their life hidden from their children."

"But why would they need to be ashamed, everyone who fought in the wars deserve honour."

"Yes, the people on the winning side deserve honour, however the people on Voldemort's side do not."

"So you're saying that hypothetically, parents hid the truth that they were death eaters, from their children because they were ashamed." I am shocked but honestly not surprised, the boys - except Luke - are all associated with families that are known to be death eaters and this just confirms it.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Thank you Professor." I say while running out the classroom and toward the common room - so I can write to aunt hermione to ask about the Lastrange family, and to find out more information about Voldemort's side of the war.