•Chapter 18•

"I don't think this is a good idea, what if she doesn't come?" Alex stresses as I watch on from my rock, still hiding behind the cloak. 

"Then it's her mistake. I'm actually giving her a chance to find out what we're doing." Luke rationalises.

"Yeah and then you're gonna kill her, seems really fair to me." Reggie snaps, as he starts walking away. Luke is going to kill me? I watch Reggie's face as he realizes he can hear my thoughts, but yet he says nothing?

"Where are you going?" Luke shouts. Reggie turns back to luke and Alex.

"My entire life, I've been destined to become like my mother and father, doing the dirty work for Voldemort, while he kicks back in malfoy manner. I'm tired of pretending like it doesn't bother me. What we're doing, it's not going to help anyone. If Voldemort's side wins, then what happens? What happens to us? Luke, I don't think it's gotten through your brain yet, but we're ghosts! And you know what Voldemort will do to us when he wins - he'll avada kadavra our asses and we'll be completely dead. I don't know about you but I don't want to die completely yet, especially when the world will just be hell after I'm gone, I can't leave it like that. If you want to do this, then do it, but I'm out. I refuse to live up to my name." Reggie professes.

"Luke, he's right." Alex mumbles.

"Are you stupid? We were given this job because we're trusted, and if killing-off some, rodent of a girl, bothers you, then suck it up. We're death eaters, we can't change that. So you're going to have to eventually follow in your parents footsteps." Luke yells.

"That isn't a problem for you to worry about, your parents were on the good side." I watch on as Luke lunges for Alex, and knocks him to the floor, he grabs his wand and aims it at Alex.

"Never speak of my parents again. Avad-" when I realize he's about to kill Alex, I pick up a pebble close to my feet and throw it behind the boys, distracting them - mainly like - from the current situation. When Alex sees that Luke is distracted, he gets up and grabs Reggie, before running back to the castle.

I watch - too afraid to move - as Luke sits down on the ground and starts crying, first starting with a few tears, but soon he's full on crying. Unfortunately I couldn't move, or he would know that I'm there, so I just have to sit there, watching on as Luke breaks down.

It felt like hours that I had been sitting there, it was already reaching sunrise when suddenly, I hear a voice calling my name, from a distance. Obviously Luke hears it too, and looks up. Eventually I see Julie walking along the path, to Hagrid's house to look for me.

She gets closer and closer to us, and when she finally gets nearer to us, she says hello to Luke, which he ignores.

"Right, have you seen Dani? She told me she was meeting you out here but she still isn't back in the common room."

"She didn't come." Luke says, clearly defeated.

"Yes she did? Well at least that's what she told me."

"Okay." Luke is putting on an annoyed front for Julie, trying to hide his previous emotions. Julie sits down next to him and tries to make conversation in the worst way.

"I just can't believe she found all that information on you guys, but I also can't believe how wrong it is. I mean, it said you died - like no, they're real people, see?" She goes to poke him but just like what happened to me, her hand goes straight through him.

"She what?" Luke spits, standing up and towering over Julies - still seated - body.

"What are you?" Her voice quivering in fear.

"Where did she get the information from?" Luke asks.

"From her aunt. She's the minister of magic, she can get anything that Dani wants." God, can you not just lie for once, Julie.

Luke takes a step back from Julie, not showing anymore threat to her. He starts walking away, but as he gets a few paces in front of Julie, he turns around quickly and shouts the killing curse at her. I hold in my screams - as her body falls to the floor. I keep myself as quiet as possible until I see Luke vanish into the school again.

I rip the cloak off of me and run toward julies body. I check for a pulse, but I soon realise that the curse was fatal.

All I feel is rage in that moment, I get up off of the floor and make a run for McGonagall's office, trying to hold my tears in, on the way there.