•Chapter 42•

It was always a hard decision, to figure out if you should do the blatantly obvious good thing, or go down the road that was amount completely unclear. Unfortunately, that was a decision that I had to make in a very small amount of time.

I knew that I had to choose between my family and friends (who all currently hated me) or doing something that would give me an endless array of power in the long run - even if it was for the 'evil' side. I had to choose to sit in my room for the next few days until the ministry completed blamed Julie's death on me, and I was taken to Azkaban, never to see my family again. Or I could leave with a bang - either way, it looked like my future held a very similar ending, in Azkaban.

I think I always knew what I would choose, but once I figured out what I wanted to do, it took a while to build up enough courage to carry it through to the end.

I had heard everyone still chatting downstairs, it was fortunately off of the topic of my wicked nature. I walked down the stairs, sitting just above the height that they would be able to see me, and took a few deep breaths.

When I was little, and everyone would tell me about the war, I remember most clearly a spell that my aunt used, not only to save herself, but also those that she loved. It was now my time to do the same thing, because with me still in their lives, it would make everything a whole lot harder.

"Obliviate." I spoke in a whisper, I watched as all the photos on the walls, erased me from them. I watched as the worry and concern on everyone's faces, faded away, until happy and joyful conversation filled the burrow once again.

I crept upstairs after grabbing something from aunt hermione purse, gathered a spare change of clothes, my wand, some water, and a robe. I knew exactly where I was going next, and i hoped that in the end it would all be worth it.

I opened the window, looking back one last time, before flying off on the broom that I kept in this room from Christmas. It was a long journey to Hogwarts, but I hoped that it would be worth it.

Sneaking in seemed simpler to do when in theory, but eventually - after sneaking in through one of the older tunnels that led to one of the hallways, through honeydukes- that janes had shown me in my first year, it was easier to navigate. I had put the robe on before I entered honeydukes- so everyone should think I'm a normal student. When I finally came to the end of long passageway, I stuck my head out to see if the coast was clear, and of course it was - because by the time I got to the castle, it was past curfew.

I knew that the place that I needed to go, was Only one floor above the one I was currently on. When I started my Ascension upstairs, I was almost caught by two prefects - both in Hufflepuff.

Luckily I made it to the wall, although my other visits to this room seem hazy, I do remember most of it. I closed my eyes, and when I opened them, the all too familiar door stood there. I opened the large iron doors, and stepped inside.

The scent of burnt wood and a small sign of apples, filled my nose. I walked forward, dropping my bag, to find the cabinet. When I reached it, it looked exactly the same, but somehow it seemed more evil then it was before, like dark magic was oozing out of it. In my days before I met the boys, this would have scared me immensely, but now, it excited me.

I walk over to the small table only a few feet away from the cabinets and see some tools, the time turner and a potion of some sort. I pick up the small red bottle - to read the label.

"Adversus elixir." I begin to read the uses of the potion and realize that it wasn't a registered potion. It wasn't something that I had ever heard of, but I had a gut feeling that I knew what this was used for.

Instead of aiming my frustration on the obvious criminals, I focused all my energy, on fixing the cabinet. It took a few hours, but eventually - after a lot of carving and test runs, I think that it actually could work.

"I'm just saying that there's no way we could do it without her," I hear from the entrance of the room, I already knew who it was, so I didn't bother turning back.

They had all heard me hammering the last nail into place, when they all extended their wands at me, thinking that I was a threat.

"Who are you!" Luke shouted, trying his vest not to sound scared, but I could tell he was.

"Put your wands down. I'm not a threat."

"Dani?" I turned to face the boys, giving them all a dirty look.

"I thought you were expelled?" Alex was the only one who actually seemed to not be scared of me.

"I was, and I'm probably getting sent to Azkaban soon enough, thanks for that by the way. So I thought I would go out with a bang. Besides there's no way that you idiots could've fixed this without me."

"So it's working now." Alex stepped forward to inspect what I had done to the cabinet.

"Probably. I haven't tested it out yet."

I walked over to the table, and picked up the elixir, and held it up for them all to see.

"I already know the answer, but what's this for?" I had shown no emotion, other then annoyance, since they arrived, and you can believe that I don't plan on showing any other emotion for a while now.

"We can explain-" Reggie tried to say, but Luke cut him off with a hand over his mouth.

"We needed you, and there was no way we could get you to help us, unless we used extreme measures."

"So using a potion that would make everyone turn against me, was your way of asking me for help?"

"We didn't know how to do it, otherwise." Reggie seemed small and fragile, when I started to raise my voice.

"Oh please! You knew I was doomed when I brought Fred back, my whole family hated me for it."

"We needed to be sure."

"So what other potions did you use on me?"

"Nothing." I gave Luke a look, that made him know that I knew, he was lying.

"Well, I guess that doesn't matter now. You guys have me on your side. I have nothing else to loose anyway."

The boys all looked at each other sceptically, before finally realizing that I was telling the truth.