•Chapter 9•

"Great, I was really hoping you would agree because I am confused with everything that happened." I get off the bed and stand in front of him. "First off, the prank you guys pulled yesterday, I know you didn't use the gemino curse on the bouncy ball. My uncle owns Weasley's wizard wheezes - the place you got that ball from. The only problem is, that ball was mass produced in 1995, but production stopped later that year. That ball hasn't been sold since then, so why is it you still have one?"

"Uh well that's because of Reggie's family, they were all huge jokesters, collected a whole vault full of those magical prank things - unfortunately Reggie's family is no longer with us, so we decided to put the old gags to use."

"What about the love potion then? There was a tracking system put in place by the ministry to track those things, so that they could be destroyed. There is no possible way you could've gotten that."

"We found it."

"You found it?" I laugh.

"Yeah, we did. Reggie and I were in the owl tower, we found it in one of the nests."

"That's strange." I say, not believing a word he says.

"Yeah it is, we didn't even know what it was, we were going to show Luke, but we got called in before we could. Obviously the bottle was confiscated before he knew about it."

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." I start walking out.

"That's it? You're just going to leave us?"

"Well if you told me the truth, then I have nothing else to ask. So again, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait, I actually have a question." I turn around to face him. "When we were in McGonagall's office, you said something about a war. What war are you talking about?"

"The second wizarding war? You haven't heard of it?"

"No? Was I supposed to?" He seems genuinely confused, which also confuses me. It seems like everyone at Hogwarts knows about the war, maybe it's just because I'm related to one of the people who was involved in it. I walk back over to the bed and take a seat.

"It happened in the late 90s. Voldemort came back from the dead because he had split his soul into a few horcruxes. Luckily my dad and his two best friends destroyed most of them before the final battle on Hogwarts grounds. So many people died that night, and it was supposedly one of the worst battles that ever happened. But luckily the good guys ended up winning, Voldemort was killed and all the other death eaters either went to Azkaban or went into hiding."

"My mom was killed in that." I hear Reggie mutter.

"Your mother?" I say to him, in pure confusion, it was impossible for his mother to have died in that war, it happened way before he was even born.

"He's just blabbing, don't mind him." Alex says to me.

"Right. Well I need to get going, Julie will probably be wondering where I am, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Dani!" Reggie shouts as I walk out, it makes me smile, but I still can't help but wonder what Reggie meant, he doesn't seem like someone who would just speak about something that important if it wasn't true. Then again, I don't really know them that well, but maybe I should make that my next job.

~~

When I arrived back in the common room, I saw Julie sitting on the couch by the fireplace.

"Hey there, whatcha reading?" I ask as I take a seat next to her.

"Just some herbology book that Professor Longbottom gave to me. Where have you been?"

"Visiting Nick and the other Hufflepuffs." I take the book from her and skim over the page. She quickly snatches it back and gives me a glare.